We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
The Central Technology Team within Arm develops key technologies which will form the foundation of future products. You will join a multinational, dynamic, collaborative and highly motivated Systems technology team in Central Technology to help craft the direction of our world leading products. You will need to have architecture and hardware/software development skills, in addition to being able to think creatively. In this role you can expect to be a technology leader where your ideas will make a difference and enable you to make your mark delivering industry leading IP.
We are seeking a Principal SoC Security Architect in Arm’s Cambridge, UK location to design and develop the systems architecture for the latest mobile security and privacy technologies. The role encompasses investigations and design proposals for the development of DRM, content protection, security and privacy solutions for future generation mobile phone and DTV products. Your work will have a significant impact on the success of security IP at Arm.
Your job responsibilities will be diverse and may include architecture, requirement capture, technology research, engaging with product groups, working closely with engineering teams and security domain experts, as well as taking part in partner and customer engagements.
Together with our world-leading architects you will:
- Design and develop the systems architecture for Arm’s mobile phone and DTV security solutions.
- Work with the Arm product management teams and directly with customers to capture key design requirements.
- Understand and analyse system level architectural trade-offs.
- Collaborate with the Arm engineering teams and security domain specialists to see your ideas delivered into products.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- BS/BEng in a relevant degree such as Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. MS/MEng/PhD preferred.
- A deep experience and background in system architecture.
- Strong communication skills.
- Extensive experience in digital SoC design, and the challenges involved in integrating IP and analysing system-level performance and behaviour.
- Ability to quantify and appropriately make trade-offs between power, performance and area.
- Knowledge of silicon & software security architectures. This includes an understanding of end-to-end secure software architectures spanning firmware, middleware, operating systems and APIs.
- Knowledge of DRM and mobile or DTV content protection schemes would be advantageous but is not a requirement.
- Experience working with multi-site engineering teams and directly with customers.
- A high level of pro-activity, intuitive and a strong history of thinking creatively.
- A practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivated and results focused.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
Desired behaviours for this role:
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps