We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer ideally with strong knowledge of 3D/2D graphics to join our graphics software team in Trondheim.
The role involves cooperating with highly motivated engineers from different backgrounds and customers throughout the world to design, develop and deploy Vulkan and OpenGL ES drivers for the current and the next generation of Arm graphics cores.
In the GPU Team you will be working alongside the best engineers in the world, making market leading products for the most successful companies.
With applications in mobile, machine learning, Internet of Things, automotive, security, and embedded devices, your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the norm and ultimately change the world of media processing.
The Arm Mali series of multimedia processors offers graphics solutions to drive the ultimate visual experience across a wide range of devices, scaling from entry-level mass market smartphones through to visually stunning, high-performance smartphones, Android OS-based tablets and SmartTVs. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping Graphics Processor.
Please take a look at the following video to see what it's like to work in Arm: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
Education & Qualifications
Bachelors, Masters or PhD (computer science or electronics engineering) with good academic record.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience of embedded software development for a commercial organization.
- Experience in 2D/3D graphics technology and standards such as Vulkan, OpenGL, OpenGL ES or Direct3D.
- Knowledge of graphics fundamentals, e.g.: GPU graphics pipeline and shaders.
- Expert knowledge of C/C++.
- Strong understanding of computer architecture (CPU, Memory, MMU Cache, etc.)
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience of performance analysis, software optimisation and instrumentation.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
Sounds good? Then click apply today.
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization and when combined with working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and the team to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances
- Take risks in support our progress
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it
- Collaborate with the people around you
Be your Forward-thinking Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic
- Seek and accept differences
- Encourage curiosity and challenge
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do forward-thinking work in pursuit of Arm's goals
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Compulsory pension plan
- Insurance Package (travel, life, disability, health)
- Broadband, Internet home connection
- Two weeks paid leave for dads when baby is born
- Holiday, 6 (six) weeks as per Norwegian Holiday Act
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, parental leave, subsidised lunch, fitness gym in building, game room, team and seasonal social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Trondheim office focuses on expertise in graphics hardware, driver software, FPGA and ASIC implementation and performance analysis. Our office used to be a bank, and we now use the vault as a games room! Trondheim is a picturesque city located on the Trondheimsfjord and an excellent place to see the beautiful aurora borealis.
Arm Norway AS
Olav Tryggvassons gt. 39-41