We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Arm Open Source Software (OSS) group is responsible for developing and improving the software eco-system centred around Arm’s next generations of processor technology. We enable our partners to build software on Arm IP-based systems. We develop and upstream to open source projects, providing essential reference implementations and optimizations to key software system components. We also produce validated software stacks for Arm IP-based reference platforms aimed at a variety of use cases. Our contributions range from low level firmware, through kernel enablement and optimizations, to enabling and optimizing high level workloads such as Open JDK on Arm IP, as one example
We are looking for a highly capable test engineering professional responsible for leading a team working on Verification and Validation of Software.
If you are passionate about Software QA to these needs, then we want to hear from you.
Job Requirements Summary
- Building and leading a software verification and validation testing team for the OSS engineering group.
- Follow verification and validation processes consistently to deliver validated software releases.
- Build and lead a testing team to consistently deliver results.
- Deliver verified and validated software releases to production-ready quality standards.
Day to day activities will include:
- Lead a testing team that will deliver production-ready software releases!
- Provide technical leadership in testing, verification, and validation to your testing team.
- Deliver automated test workflows to provide test feedback to the teams and keep them up to date.
- Research and investigate appropriate tooling options around static testing, run-time analysis and provide recommendations and roll-out.
- Management, mentorship, and career development of your team.
- Driving cross-team and cross-function testing initiatives.
Essential Skills & Qualities:
- Prior project experience on embedded systems software verification testing & validation testing.
- Track record of leading a test team delivering verified and validated software releases.
- Experience in development and use of rigorous CI, software test frameworks and automation tools.
- We expect a professional, hardworking and flexible approach to work with a flair for creative lateral thinking and problem solving with a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of your knowledge.
- You will exhibit an understanding of how to rigorously test software using various techniques!
Desirable Skills & Qualities:
- You are familiar with and flexible in the use of various software development lifecycle methods including Agile.
- We value familiarity with open-source project development cycles and contribution processes.
- Security testing for embedded systems and the Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL).
- Functional safety testing for safety critical systems, knowledge of ISO 26262.
- Experience with standard test design techniques - ISEB/ISTQB certification.
- Exposure to static and dynamic code analysis tools would be helpful.
- Basic understanding of computer architecture, micro-architecture concepts and assembly language - ideally for the Arm architecture and it's ecosystem.
- Experience of taking care of customers and internal business teams.
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
- Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
- Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic.
- Seek and embrace differences.
- Encourage curiosity and challenge.
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps