We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you excited by understanding how the different parts of a SoC interact? Would you love to investigate performance issues and suggest product improvements? Arm's comprehensive processor product offering includes CPUs, graphics processors (GPUs) and Neural processors (NPUs), software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed connectivity products, peripherals and development tools.
Together with you colleagues you constantly push the power, performance and area boundaries while generating designs that are robust, maintainable and deliverable to the high quality that our customers expect.
You join the Systems Analysis team within Central Technology as the System Analysis Engineer evaluating Arm IP for system performance within a SoC context.
In this role, you will:
- define system scenarios and stimulus
- develop tools and methodology for system analysis
- run system simulations
- collect and analyse data, and provide interpretation and generate presentations.
Essential Skills & Experience
- You should have a background in System-on-Chip Architecture, with experience in one or more application domains (i.e. Multi-media, Processor, Video, Audio, Control).
- Knowledgeable of bus architectures, Quality-of-Service techniques, and memory technologies.Ability to work under time-scale pressure and to meet targets whilst retaining quality output. A willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges is important.
- You will possess good analytical skills, with the ability to understand and resolve complex system issues.
- RTL experience and micro-architectural knowledge at System-on-Chip or IP level.
- Worked with UNIX and Perl, Python and shell scripting.
- Good interpersonal skills are vital, in particular, being able to express ideas and to communicate effectively.
- Ability to schedule own workload and plan tasks and to work unsupervised as part of a project team.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of SystemVerilog.
- Performance Analysis experience at System-on-Chip level, either modelling or benchmarking.
- Assembly language programming, ideally in Arm assembler.
- Programming language, such as C or C++.
- A university degree, ideally in electronic engineering or computer science, although other science graduates would be considered if they have suitable experience.
The position with Arm France is located in Sophia-Antipolis, which is one of the most beautiful parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park.
Apply, we are willing to hear from you!
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps