We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you a highly inquisitive person with a committed approach to improving the user experience on mobile platforms and impact future technology?
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with industry leaders to define and deliver secure and efficient compute solutions for the future client devices spanning across broad market segments.
We are looking for a Staff System Analyst who understands mobile applications, computer architecture, media components, SoC design & systems knowledge to join the team.
If the challenge of working in a collaborative, fun and creative culture on state of the art technology excites you, we look forward to receiving your application!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be a member of the Performance Analysis team within Central Technology. The role is to provide insights for future Arm IP when executing real mobile applications.
The role is focused on use-case analysis to help Arm understand how to deliver the performance through architectural advancements, hardware optimisations, improvements in the software stack and efficient IP configurations.
As a Staff System Analyst you will be responsible for :
DEFINING AND LEADING PERFORMANCE INVESTIGATIONS
- Development, de-composition and characterisation of workloads based on complex real-world use-cases
- Simulation of future SoC IP configurations in order to explore full system performance and to help influence partners IP selection.
- Profiling generation-on-generation performance of pre-silicon RTL to fully understand the competitiveness of Arm based devices.
COLLABORATING WITH RESEARCH, ARCHITECTURE AND ENGINEERING TEAMS ACROSS ARM
- Provide direction and mentoring to other members of your team.
What skills, experience, and qualifications are needed?
- University degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, although other disciplines will also be considered
- Background in System-on-Chip Architecture, with experience in one or more application domains (i.e. Multi-media, Processor, Video, Audio, Control).
- Knowledge of bus architectures, Quality-of-Service techniques, and memory technologies.
- RTL experience and micro-architectural knowledge at System-on-Chip or IP level.
- You should be familiar with UNIX and Perl, Python and shell scripting.
- You will possess good analytical skills, with the ability to understand and resolve complex system issues.
- Ability to work under time-scale pressure and to meet targets whilst retaining quality output. A willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges is important.
- Good interpersonal skills are vital, in particular, being able to express ideas and to communicate effectively.
- Ability to schedule own workload and plan tasks and to work unsupervised as part of a project team.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of System Verilog.
- Performance Analysis experience at System-on-Chip level, either modelling or benchmarking.
- Assembly language programming, ideally in Arm assembler.
- Programming language, such as C or C++.
Please note, this role is available in Cambridge, UK. Apply, we are willing to hear from you!
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are a team of highly motivated engineers ensuring that Arm maintain its leadership position by helping our partners build competitive devices. Using detailed competitive analysis, rigorous workload characterisation and advanced software modelling, we are successfully influencing Arm engineering teams and its partners.
The engineers within the team have a diverse range of skills and experience allowing us to expertly understand software from user space to firmware, and device-level hardware through to the detailed microarchitecture. You will enjoy working in a highly stimulating collaborative environment. Our team works closely with CPU, GPU, Media, architecture & lines of business.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
WE NOT I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
PASSION FOR PROGRESS
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
BE YOUR BRILLIANT SELF
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps