We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you interested in helping to design a smarter world?
We are looking for a senior software engineer to help shape our technology as part of a Solutions team within Central Technology!
As a developer of power-efficient (micro-)processor technology, Arm is ideally positioned to tackle challenges facing a wide variety of markets, including Automotive, IoT, Mobile, and Servers. Effective solutions require a "system" mindset and your innovative ideas will support Central Technology to develop system architectures and influence industry-leading IP that underpin each solution. You will join a multinational, dynamic, collaborative and highly motivated Solutions team based in Lund (Sweden) with close connection to associated teams in Cambridge (UK), Shanghai (China), and Austin (USA).
What you will be involved with: This diverse role will largely focus on enabling the next generation Mobile solution that includes many of our state of the art Arm® IPs; typical activities would include:
- Evaluating and analysing systems in the context of application use cases
- Developing tools to streamline application decomposition and analysis
- Crafting system-level architectural recommendations
- Collaborating with other architects/engineers to influence Arm technology
- Technology research and experimental investigations.
- Hands-on software prototyping
- Integration of drivers on a Linux or Android operating system
- Debugging of internally found issues
- Engaging with product groups and working closely with engineering teams.
Skills & Experience required:
- Good understanding of computer architecture and embedded systems
- Experience of software development for a commercial organisation
- Strong knowledge of C or C++ programming
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills
- Practical, organised and analytical approach to work
- Good oral and written English skills
- Knowledge of scripting languages, including Python
- Familiarity of the Linux kernel
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and the team to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances
- Take risks in support our progress
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it
- Collaborate with the people around you
Be your Forward-thinking Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic
- Seek and accept differences
- Encourage curiosity and challenge
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do forward-thinking work in pursuit of Arm's goals
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Compulsory pension plan
- Insurance Package (travel, life, disability, health)
- Holiday, 6 weeks annual leave extending the normal five weeks given by Swedish Holiday Act
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, parental leave, contribution to physical training, team and seasonal social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Lund office is comprised of hardware and software developers working with future versions of the Arm Graphics Processing and Machine Learning technology. The office is located in the province of Skåne at the most southern tip of Sweden, just a stone's throw across the water from Copenhagen in Denmark via the Öresund Bridge which connects the two countries. The province is well known for its beautiful scenery, high quality of life as well as being home to Lund University and a range of tech companies.