We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm architects the pervasive intelligence that is transforming our daily experience. Arm-based chips and device architectures orchestrate the performance of the technology that makes modern life possible.
Arm designs the technology that is at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. Arm improves people’s lives by enabling the intelligence in affordable, easy-to-use electronic products that transform the way we live and work. We work in partnership with a global network of leading technology companies which are using our smart low-power technology. Together we are shaping the future of a better world.
Today, Arm is well recognized as the market leader in the CPU and System IP industry and this has been achieved by consistently delivering reliable and high-quality IP products. The cost of design and manufacturing and that warrants “right first time” approach for all IP and System products by our partners. Time-to-market is critical for our partners to deal with fierce competition in the marketplace, being first would enable them to get premium value from the end products. In this context, Design Verification of CPU IPs is a big challenge requiring an engineering skillset that is both broad and deep.
As an CPU Random Tools Engineer dedicated to CPU stress verification, you will work on an advanced Random Instruction Sequences (RIS) tool. With a combination of techniques, the tool verifies the functionality of our CPU cores, being designed in Austin (US), Cambridge (UK), Chandler (US) or Sophia Antipolis (FR). The existing team ensures development of the tool, its customization to specific CPU cores, and provides support.You will be based in Arm’s Bangalore design centre in India.
As Senior CPU Random Tools Engineer dedicated to CPU stress verification, your role will cover the development of the tool from development to deployment, and accountable for:
- Gathering requirements from the CPU Design and Verification teams;
- Understanding the intricacies of the CPU micro-architecture and defining how to push the test boundaries;
- Architect and develop solutions to improve the generation of stimuli to produce programs to stress our next generation CPUs;
- Implementing and supporting the tool, from the early stages of CPU development to product maturity.
B.Tech/B.S. or MTech/M.S. in Computer/Electronics Engineering or Computer Science from a reputed institute
- 6-10 years of stable industry experience with significant project contributions
- Problem Ownership and ability to work from abstract requirements
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and willing to take up additional responsibilities
- Quick learner with a strong desire to learn and develop new skills
- You hold experience in software design, and should be comfortable working with low-level hardware
- You have good working knowledge of programming languages, such as C and Python
- You are knowledgeable about CPU architecture and micro-architecture concepts
- You are able to understand assembly language (ASM)
- You have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team with the willingness to take on varied technical challenges
- Fundamentals of Processor Architecture
- Basics of ARM Architecture
- Familiarity with EDA tools and Hardware Design Verification
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.
See on Google maps