We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
In the fast-moving world of CPU Verification, Formal Methods are becoming crucial to the success of today's ever-accelerating development cycle.
ARM’s CPU Group is looking for engineers with experience in Formal Verification who desire to be at the cutting edge of applied formal methods. We are offering the chance to become part of a dedicated team that will deploy Formal on the next generation of CPU designs. This is an opportunity to influence design & verification decisions and shape the future of technology that will fuel billions of devices world-wide.
You will apply Formal Methods to CPU Units developed in the Bangalore design centre, with the opportunity to collaborate with our global Formal Teams across ARM. The role entails investigating, creating, developing and deploying new Formal Verification techniques on live projects. You will use the industry’s best available tools and be in close contact with EDA tool vendors. You will work alongside ARM’s brightest formal experts to plan and execute Formal Verification to exceptional quality.
Education & Qualifications
In order to be considered, you will need at least a Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or another relevant subject.
The candidate must have:
• Experience in functional verification or digital hardware design
• Familiarity with formal methods (e.g. SVA, PSL, model checking, theorem proving)
• An engineering mind-set and passion for digital design
• Understanding of fundamental verification concepts
• A keen interest in processors and digital systems
• Understanding of computer architecture & micro-architectural concepts
• Knowledge of hardware description and verification languages, such as VHDL, Verilog/ SystemVerilog, PSL
• Strong reasoning skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to understand and map abstract formal concepts onto designs
• Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
• Good inter-personal and teamwork skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
3-7 Yrs Familiarity with industry-standard formal verification tools
• Understanding of the end-to-end verification processes, from test plan creation through to verification closure
• Proficiency in scripting languages, e.g. Python/Perl/TCL
• Proficiency in shell programming/scripting
• Familiarity with ARM architecture and instruction set
• Familiarity with model-checking techniques
• Exposure to invariants and abstractions
• Understanding of assume-guarantee reasoning.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.
See on Google maps