We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you passionate about new technologies? Are you interested in contributing to push the boundaries of energy efficiency on innovative hardware IPs?
This is an incredible and rare opportunity to take part in a journey leading to more productive engineering with a specific focus on power solutions! Understanding power & energy challenges and finding ways to reduce their impact is our contribution to a greener world, keeping design for sustainability in mind. The Central Engineering Productivity Engineering Hardware group is at the forefront of solutions development for our hardware teams. You will join an international team of creative engineers working together to address the challenges of productive hardware design.
This role enables you to develop and investigate power analysis and optimization solutions, while including meaningful engineering communities for collaboration. You will have the opportunity to work with latest technology nodes, cutting edge EDA tools and to influence how we take energy into account for our hardware products.
A wide range of learning opportunities and challenges will be available! Through teamwork, training and dedication to personal development, we ensure that every graduate engineer learns about different aspects of our work and becomes knowledgeable in the field. You will also be given the opportunity, if desired, to travel and meet other teams you’ll be working with.
This opportunity is based in Cambridge (UK).
- Qualifying latest EDA tools and develop a scalable infrastructure to perform power estimation or power analysis on a wide range of use cases.
- Pursuing complex challenges such as new components of power to consider, with newest technology nodes.
- Working with our engineering communities to prioritize important power-related items to address.
- Supporting our engineering teams with deployed solutions.
- Collaborating with EDA vendors to improve our power analysis and optimizations solutions whilst focusing on the ideal user experience
- Capturing knowledge for energy & power topics, crafting tutorials and influencing the establishment of new processes.
You hold a university degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
- Ability to develop for others, taking on board external perspectives
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, TCL or Perl
- An attention to detail and tenacity to chase down problems
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good analytical skills along with the ability for creative thinking
- Ability to effectively work alone as well as in a team
- A professional and enthusiastic approach to work
- Familiarity with the entire IC design flow and knowledge of hardware description languages
- Experience with power analysis
- Understanding of challenges faced at the nanometer-scale
- You bring relevant experience from the industry
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps