We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm has a vacancy, within the central technology solutions engineering team for an enthusiastic graduate with a passion for applying rigorous systems engineering thinking, approaches and techniques to a range of exciting programmes. These programmes will include the latest mobile phone and wearable technology, the Internet of Things (IoT) and autonomous cars, robots and drones, and you will directly contribute to their successful development.
This is a role that has significant room for growth and offers the potential for overseas travel, due to the scope of the projects and distributed nature of the Arm enterprise, and as a Graduate, you will be based at Arm’s main campus in Cambridge, UK where you will have a dedicated mentor.
What will I be accountable for?
• Applying robust systems engineering principles to complex projects across the complete engineering lifecycle
• Help manage the flow down and management of market requirements, down to system and sub-system level and through into verification and validation activities
• Become an expert in the use of the Dimensions RM requirements management tool
• Assist in the development of key systems engineering methodology and documentation such as requirement specifications and Verification Cross Reference Indexes (VCRI)
• Closely work with the product teams to promote configuration management across the projects
• Maintain excellent levels of communication between all parties involved in any project, both internally and externally
• Become a source of knowledge for the rest of the team and wider company for the system and requirements lifecycles
Currently enrolled in an engineering bachelor’s (BEng) or master’s (MEng) program, and on track to earn a degree in systems engineering, or a closely related engineering field
Essential Skills & Qualities
- A passion for cutting edge technology, and cognisant of how hardware and software combine to form complex systems
- Appreciation of systems engineering and the methodologies that underpin its principles
- Knowledge of end to end systems engineering lifecycles, such as the V-model and agile/spiral development
- A logical, creative and structured approach to problem-solving
- The ability to simplify and make sense of complex problems
- A strong will and eagerness for learning and self-improvement
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Desirable Skills and Qualities
- A good grounding in full life-cycle engineering principles
- Knowledge of the embedded systems
- Hands on experience with hardware and software
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps