We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This is a superb opportunity for a dedicated, detail-orientated graduate who wants to work on ground-breaking digital technology for the world’s leading semiconductor IP company. If technology excites you, and you have excellent verbal and written communication skills, you could be the one that we are looking for to join our Cambridge-based team of technical authors in Arm’s Architecture Information Group.
What will I be accountable for?
- Creating and maintaining, technical content in collaboration with Arm architects and other team members.
- Developing your knowledge and understanding of Arm architectures.
- Obtaining source information from personal investigations, internal project documentation, and interviews with domain specialist.
- Ensuring that the technical content meets the requirements of the end users.
- Tracking and reporting on the progress of the technical content lifecycle.
- Writing structured content that improves comprehension and ease of use without the loss of precision.
- Writing content that adheres to the Arm writing standards.
- Incorporating review comments.
- Ensuring that technical content follows corporate standards while following current processes and policies.
- Promoting and demonstrating the Arm core beliefs and behaviours.
The Architecture Information Group is part of the Arm Architecture and Technology Group, which is responsible for developing the Arm architecture and associated technologies for Arm’s roadmap. The work of the group is fundamental to Arm’s success, providing the key documentation associated with processor and related infrastructure design. This includes the information needed for compliant software development, debug and trace support, and other aspects of the Arm ecosystem. The scope applies across a broad spectrum of product areas from the smallest microcontrollers to high-performance computing.
You will be working alongside members of the team from a diverse backgrounds, technical and non-technical, from graduates to experienced Information Developers.
You will be working alongside members of the team from a variety of backgrounds, technical and non-technical, from graduates to experienced Information Developers.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
Arm is proud to have a set of behaviours that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are urged to evidence their attitudes/behaviours as part of the application process:
- Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with a can-do attitude.
- Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust.
- Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback.
- Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development.
- Explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results.
- Strives to achieve the optimal outcomes for Arm and our customers.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
To be suitable for this role, you will need to be on track to receive, or have received, at least a 2:1 in your undergraduate degree, or to have an advanced degree in a relevant subject. We are open-minded about degree disciplines as we have found candidates from a variety backgrounds, including:
- Computer Science.
- Comparative Linguistics.
- Electrical Engineering.
Essential skills and experience that we are looking for include:
- Curiosity about technology, and a willingness to learn about Arm’s products.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and able to work from own initiative.
- Confident with metrics and good numeracy skills, problem solving ability.
- The ability to learn and adapt.
- Demonstrable interest in maintaining rigor and precision while producing and editing highly-specialized material.
What’s in it for you?
Arm offers a competitive salary, and other benefits such as opportunities to be involved in the many social events that are organized within the company.
If you are passionate about this role, click ‘apply now’.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we inspire our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps