We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for a highly motivated senior software engineer to join our growing team. We deliver flows automating engineering tasks to numerous groups across Arm. We provide solutions for seamlessly computing vital data for them on-premise or in the ‘cloud’. Your contributions will save thousands of hours of engineering efforts, helping efficiently design and verify Arm IPs (CPU, GPU, Connectivity and more.)
What will you be accountable for?
The role covers the development, deployment and maintenance of workflows. You will be responsible for:
- Collaboratively collect requirements for new features with our partners.
- Elaborate and write specifications, discuss development strategies with the team.
- Develop, test and deploy with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Provide second line support to our partners using the flow, reproduce and characterise potential bugs, help to make the documentation more accurate.
- Collaborate with internal teams providing the services our solution relies on.
- Collaborate with external companies (EDA) that provide the tools we automate.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
You are collaborative, willing to understand others needs and point of view. You believe there is always room for improvement and want to help making it. You can handle a large amount of technical information; you are able to organize and share it with clarity.
You are at ease with object-oriented programming and common design patterns. You are willing to develop ergonomic solutions that abstract technical concepts that are not crucial to the end-users. You can keep the balance between efficiency, and readability in your code. You can anticipate usage of compute and network resources of your code and optimise where needed.
- Strong experience in object-oriented software development with a high-level programming language such as Python, Java or C++.
- Highly skilled in software debugging and reverse engineering across distributed systems and hybrid software (solving dependencies issues, race conditions, performance issues...)
- Good experience with Linux/Unix working environment (shell) and distributions (RedHat/CentOS, Debian.) Good shell scripting skills (Bash, Tcsh.)
- Knowledge of the complete software development cycle (SCM, Inline documentation, Testing, CI/CD.)
- Willing to learn new languages, tools, frameworks and techniques.
- Human skills:
- Fluent in English is a requirement.
- Good communication skills. Listen, understand, explain.
- Proactive and willing to help team members and partners.
- Good experience in working and communicating in a multi-cultural environment and distributed teams.
- Working with Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Experience in hardware functional verification much appreciated (Verilog, VHDL, SystemVerilog, systemC. Using Synopsys, Cadence or Mentor Graphics tools).
- Experience with Docker (images creation, testing and distribution.) and cloud-computing providers (AWS Batch, Azure Batch ...)
- Experience in scalable distributed systems design (micro-services, distributed databases.)
- Experience in REST APIs or web-based services design, development, testing and maintenance (Django, Flask, FastAPI...).
- Experience in collaborating with 3rd party software providers and/or open-source community.
- Experience in software deployment and support across multiple data-centres and time-zones.
- Willing to travel to other Arm sites globally.
- Proficient in French.
About the team
Based in our Sophia office, a very dynamic team that develops deploys and maintains automation flows for Engineering groups located across Europe, US and India. The team is very collaborative, dynamic and friendly. The unnecessary pressure is kept away from the technical staff by proactive line and program managers. Constant commitment to mid-term priority is feedback to the team, while the short-term priority decisions are made by the developers. We work within an Agile/Scrum approach, and regularly challenge our processes to avoid frustration and raise overall efficiency.
The wide use of our tools within Arm makes it a phenomenal vector to interact with many hardworking teams and skilled individuals. The variety of cultures, the depth of knowledge and the gently distilled British phlegm makes Arm a working place that can accommodate all your professional endeavours, and maybe more!
About the Productivity Engineering Group
The Productivity Engineering Group provides methodology, workflows and applications to all engineering product groups across ARM. Our remit is to drive and co-ordinate verification methodologies and platforms that can be used across all product groups to drive improvements in deterministic delivery and quality.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps