We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm’s verification engineers continuously push the boundaries of what is possible with simulation, formal and emulation tools to produce industry-leading CPU IP. If working at the cutting edge of technology in a world-class team sounds like an interesting challenge then a role as an Arm Verification Engineer is for you.
The CPU team in Cambridge has produced some of the company’s most successful products with processors designed by this group being shipped in billions of designs in use around the world today, from smartphones and tablets to AI applications, IOT and automotive systems. This team has been responsible for developing processors from high-end A-class parts such as the Cortex-A53, one of Arm’s first 64 bit processors, and the recently-announced DynamIQ technology (providing safe, fast and efficient complex data processing for AI) to R-class real-time processors such as Cortex-R52, Arm’s most advanced processor for safety, and microcontrollers in the M-class series such as the Cortex-M0+ and Cortex-M33.
This role will be based at Arm's Head Quarters in Cambridge, UK.
For this role we are looking for Verification Engineers who can contribute to all phases of the verification flow. This includes:
- Ownership of a specific area of a CPU project ranging from unit-level testbench development through to the overall verification methodology for a CPU project.
- Responsibility for producing test plans and verification strategies.
- Planning, tracking and coordinating the tasks of you or your team to meet high quality goals at the planned time
- Ensuring the quality of the verification work done is of the expected standard
- Being part of verification improvement strategies across the CPU group and the wider Arm verification community
- Evaluating and determining causality of different issues throughout the verification process per project.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience of designing and implementing verification environments for complex RTL designs
- Well-versed in the use of hardware verification languages e.g. SystemVerilog or Specman ‘e’
- Understanding of end-to-end verification processes, from test plan creation through to verification closure
- Ability to quickly understand and apply complex specification detail
- Understanding of the fundamentals of computer architecture, with an emphasis on pipelining, exception handling, memory systems
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Verification methodologies such as UVM
- Practical experience of working on microprocessor designs
- In-depth understanding of memory protection, memory translation, vector processing in CPUs, exception and interrupt handling.
- Understanding of constrained random stimulus, the goals and general usefulness of different types of coverage in hardware, as well as checking methodologies and behavioural functional models.
- Knowledge of assembly language (preferably Arm), and/or C/C++
- In-depth technical reviewing of others’ work
Arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
- Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
- Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic.
- Seek and embrace differences.
- Encourage curiosity and challenge.
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps