We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm’s technology is used by billions of people every day. The Systems Architecture and Technology Group in Cambridge (UK) is responsible for exploring, developing, and driving the direction of Arm’s products in the next 3-5 years. As part of this group, you will play an essential role in developing the next generation of servers and networked devices, as well as maintaining Arm’s leadership in the mobile and embedded markets.
As a member of a small and versatile team, you will work closely with experts across all technology groups at Arm, and with our partners. You will be responsible for understanding and advancing the next generation of computing systems. To do this, you will develop and share prototypes and models of future architectures and evaluate their performance with real frameworks, algorithms and data.
From your first day, you will be working on real projects with impact across the company, and the wider community that relies on our products. You will receive support and guidance in your career development through our Graduate programme, which includes the opportunity to spend time working in other groups within Arm.
The start date for this role is by end of August 2020. In some cases, we can accept an earlier start date
What skills and qualifications do I need as a Graduate Systems Architecture Engineer?
Architecture defines the contract between hardware and software. As a successful Graduate Systems Architecture Engineer you must have a strong interest in both hardware and software, and a good awareness of the interaction between the two. You will have a desire to extend both the depth and breadth of your expertise.
Essential skills and requirements:
- A good understanding of computer architecture concepts and trends.
- Strong C or C++ programming skills.
- Proficiency in a high-level shell or scripting language such as Python.
- A strong undergraduate or postgraduate degree, ideally in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering. Other academic backgrounds will be considered with relevant experience.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work with new tools.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both expert and non-expert audiences.
- Working at the interface between software and hardware. For example, device driver, operating system, or compiler development.
- Independent research experience.
- Personal projects and/or contributions to open source projects.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps