We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you have a passion for Performance Analysis? Would you like to apply your expertise to the diverse world of mobile and embedded development tools? Joining the Arm Mobile Studio team, you will collaborate to develop, design and improve our performance analysis solutions to support a wide range of developers in this rich ecosystem.
As a developer for Arm Mobile Studio, you are responsible for delivering a collection of performance tools that help Android game developers reach the widest target audience by efficiently optimizing their application rendering workloads. The suite includes Arm Graphics Analyzer, a tool to trace graphics API calls, Mali Offline Compiler, a tool for profiling shader programs, and Arm Streamline, a system profiler that can quickly determine bottlenecks across Arm CPUs and Mali GPUs. Mobile Studio can be used to maximize performance for standalone applications as well as applications developed with the leading Unity and Unreal Engine game engines. The performance tools developed by this team are also included in Arm Development Studio, providing support for profiling graphics workloads on non-Android platforms.
In the course of this role you will learn about developing software for these ecosystems, how to get the best performance out of Arm CPUs and Mali GPUs, and how to present performance feedback to an application developer. Our performance tools are used across a wide spectrum of applications developers: mobile, games, Android, Linux, embedded and enterprise.
Your main accountabilities will involve working collaboratively to extend, develop and maintain our suite of performance analysis tools. There will also be scope for working on new projects, such as integrating the tools with third-party IDEs and Games Engines, and developing compliance suites that will ensure developers have a great user experience using our tools on shipping consumer devices.
For your role as a software developer you will receive training to:
- You will understand the development flows used by our users, whether these are Android game developers, embedded software developers, or device manufacturers.
- You will develop and extend performance counter and event trace capture software (developed in C++).
- You will engineer and extend graphics tracing, graphics API analysis, and shader analysis software (written in C++).
- You will work on the host applications and front-end data presentation (developed in Java).
- You will support third parties (such as Games Engines and IDEs) to integrate with our tools.
- You will drive the success of the ecosystem by developing a performance analysis compliance suite to prove tooling support on new devices and operating systems.
- You will contribute to the development of new features, ensuring that they have excellent test coverage within our CI systems.
- You will enable high quality engineering through approach reviews, code reviews and following modern agile software development process.
What skills, experience and qualifications will you need?
- You are working towards obtaining a degree in computer science or something similar
- You will have a good understanding and practical experience of Java, C and/or C++ programming.
- You will have strong abstract reasoning skills with an ability to focus on key concepts at all levels of detail.
- You will have some experience with scripting, in a language such as Python, and using the Linux command line.
Are you excited by those responsibilities? Are you a fit for those requirements? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps