We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, offering the widest range of microprocessor cores to address the performance, power and cost requirements for almost all application markets. Combining a vibrant ecosystem with more than 1,000 partners delivering silicon, development tools and software, and with more than 90 billion processors shipped, our technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Arm’s Sales & Partner Enablement (SPE) organization, where we offer creative services to drive the successful delivery of our partners' products.
About the role
As a Graduate Software Applications Engineer in the Machine Learning Partner Enablement group, you will join a rapidly growing and highly motivated team responsible for supporting Arm's partners in applying Arm intellectual property and software technologies in their latest state of the art projects, including by:
- Resolving issues and acting as trusted adviser to answer deeply technical inquiries.
- Delivering world-class technical training, whether by virtual classroom or travelling off-site to visit customers in person.
- Producing excellent technical enablement content for the Arm Developer website and training portal.
- Bridging the gap between Arm's customers and internal engineering teams, providing detailed feedback and customer insights to improve our products and ensure we are best enabling customer success.
This role will be based in Manchester, England.
Education & Qualifications
- Working towards or completed university degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field.
Skills & Experience
- Passion for solving technical problems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively.
- Good software engineering skills, in languages such as C, C++ or Python.
- Hands-on experience of machine learning and neural networks would be very useful, but not critical.
- Capable of working as a team player or independently.
- High degree of initiative and a proven problem solver.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken.
- Good communicator, personable and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level.
- Desire to continuously develop skills and accept a variety of responsibilities and challenges.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
Arm is proud to have a set of behaviours that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviours as part of the application process:
- Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others.
- Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust.
- Actively seeks out and encourages alternative viewpoints and ideas.
- Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback.
- Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development.
- Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results.
- Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleaguesActs with a thoughtful sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude.
- Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps