We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Would you love to investigate performance issues and suggest product improvements on the different parts of a Mobile Phone's System on a Chip ? Would you like to analyse the performance of Arm's future CPUs, graphics processors (GPUs) and Neural processors (NPUs) when they are working together?
We are seeking highly motivated graduates with knowledge and enthusiasm in computer architecture, performance analysis, and software development
What will I be accountable for
You will join the Systems Performance Analysis team within Central Technology as the Graduate System Analysis Engineer. You will run experiments on a pre-Silicon SoC environment analysing the performance of the different Arm components (CPU, GPU, etc) using real use-cases, close to the ones run on mobile phones. You will help bringing up some of these use cases and understanding their behaviour on a mobile platform
You will be working in a team environment, and have the opportunity to collaborate with engineers in other disciplines and other Arm development centres.
All Arm engineers are also encouraged to promote and demonstrate the Arm core beliefs and behaviours.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Detailed understanding of computer architecture.
- Experience on Python or Perl, Assembly language, ideally in Arm assemble, and programming languages such as C or C++
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work in teams and to collaborate effectively with colleagues in other groups and sites.
- Pro-active and self motivating.
Apply, we are willing to hear from you!
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with Unix, scripting, and source control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion).
- Familiarity with one or more CPU instruction sets.
- Familiarity with System Verilog
- Familiarity with ARM architectures.
- Experience with compilers and/or device drivers.
- Flair for lateral thinking and problem solving.
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our ARM Sheffield office mainly consists of specialists in the Systems and Software group. Considered one of the greenest cities in Europe, the city of Sheffield is the geographical center of England and features over 2 million trees Ample space for outdoor activities are available at one of over 250 parks in the city, helping Sheffield to be voted the ’happiest city’ in Britain in 2013!
8 St Mary's Gate