We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity to move into Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, key technologies for the future of computing. Working on the cutting edge of Arm IP, you will be creating technology that powers the next generation of mobile apps, portable devices, home automation, smart cities, self-driving cars, and much more.
About the role
Arm is entering a new growth phase to develop innovative technologies and products for existing and new markets. To do this we need talented and motivated people to join our global team. At Arm you will work with the world’s best companies as they build sector-leading products from our designs. You’ll share ideas with and learn new skills from the best engineers in the world. We work in small teams, so your contributions will make a difference. This role offers you the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
What will I be accountable for?
If you join the ML platform software team, you could be designing, implementing and testing new software libraries for Arm CPUs and GPUs. These development tasks span the whole lifecycle; feature analysis, task breakdown, system design and implementation. Alternatively, as part of an ML product team, you could be building the software driver for a new Arm neural network accelerator. Or investigating and reporting on trends in computer vision or audio processing, then using this data to project performance of future hardware designs.
As a hardware engineer, you'll be part of a growing and highly talented design team focusing on our Machine Learning and Neural Network IP. Working closely with colleagues from other international design centres, you will support the design and verification of Arm’s next generation IP, utilizing the latest methodologies and technology.
More than anything else, you must have a willingness to absorb as much as possible about this new frontier. Given the impact and reach of this field, you’ll be encouraged to share this knowledge with other engineers across the company. This is centred around promoting and demonstrating the Arm core beliefs and behaviours.
Education & Qualifications
- Working towards or completed university degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field.
- Hands-on experience of machine learning and neural networks would be very useful, but not critical.
Skills & Experience (software roles)
- Passion for Software development.
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively.
- Exposure to C++ programming language.
Skills & Experience (design/validation roles)
- Experience in functional debug of errors in the RTL model.
- Experience in the specification, creation, and debug of System Verilog/UVM constrained-random testbenches.
- Good software engineering skills including understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Perl, Tcl, Python.
- Assembly language for Arm or other architectures.
- Capable of working as a team player or independently.
- High degree of initiative and a proven problem solver.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken.
- Good communicator, personable and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level.
- Desire to continuously develop skills and accept a variety of responsibilities and challenges.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
Arm is proud to have a set of behaviours that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviours as part of the application process:
- Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
- Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust
- Actively seeks out and encourages alternative viewpoints and ideas
- Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
- Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
- Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
- Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
- Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
- Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude
- Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
- Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for Arm and our customers
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps