We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Senior Software Engineer to work at Arm Global Headquarters in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire or can be based at our new state of the art offices in Manchester.
Can you to help us design, build and deploy a new, globally available, job scheduling service in a hybrid-cloud environment?
If so, you should join our team!
About the Role
The Productivity Engineering Group (PE) are responsible for delivering the tools and services Arm's product engineers use to build our portfolio of hardware IP and software products. A portfolio which touches the lives of more than 70% of the world's population!
PE's Hardware Acceleration Automation team, develops and maintains automation and tooling which maximises the value Arm gets from its FPGA and hardware emulation platforms.
What will I be accountable for?
As a member of our team, you will help us transform Arm's collection of emulation and FPGA resources into a single, globally available, Hardware Acceleration Service. We don't need you to know anything about Hardware Acceleration to start working with us, as you'll have plenty of opportunity to learn once you join. You'll be a problem solver who can work with the team to help design and deliver 'Hardware Acceleration as a Service' for Arm's engineering community.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
You should be an experienced Software Engineer with the following skills and qualifications
- A real passion for coding as well as strong programming skills is key. You have worked in at least one C-like language (Go, Python, C/C++, Java, Perl etc)
- Extensive experience developing for, and operating in, Linux-based compute environments
- Experience of developing HTTP API-based infrastructure components, RESTful or otherwise
- Experience working with version control and code review systems such as Git and Gerrit
- An understanding of container technologies like Docker
While it is not expected, it would be excellent if you have had experience of, or are passionate about, any of the following:
- Developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Working with, and on, High Performance Compute infrastructure
- Authentication and Authorization technologies such as OAuth2
- Working effectively as part of a global engineering team, collaborating with developers, administrators, users and leaders based locally and around the world.
- Working in security-focused environments
- The Electronic Design Automation industry and associated tooling
- Experience developing cloud-native solutions using Amazon Web Services (preferred), Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience developing services for hybrid-cloud compute environments
Additionally, you will make the biggest impact in this role if you are:
- Driven about improvement and changing the way things work for the better
- A voracious learner who's always excited to have a go at something new, even if they're not quite sure how it'll turn out
- A patient teacher, and effective communicator, who's ready, willing, and able to share their knowledge and experience with colleagues
- Detail oriented, with a real drive for continuous improvement
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
- Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
- Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic.
- Seek and embrace differences.
- Encourage curiosity and challenge.
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps