We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. Arm’s comprehensive product offering includes CPUs, graphics processors (GPUs), Display Processors (DPUs) and image signal processors (ISPs), enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed interconnect products, high-performance peripherals such as memory controllers and DMA controllers, and development tools.
We are looking for enthusiastic graduate engineers interested in a career in digital design and verification for the Display Processor and the Image Signal Processor (ISP) teams in Systems Group at Arm.
Display Processor Group
The Display Processor Group produces Display Processors hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. The MaliTM range of Display hardware offers an advanced, compositing display processor tuned for high performance and energy efficiency. Our Display hardware is supported by high performance software drivers for multiple APIs running on different operating systems. The latest Mali Display Processors supports upcoming display technologies like Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Image enhancing techniques like HDR.
The ISP group designs image processors and similar technology for markets including automotive, drones, teleconferencing and surveillance. Our intellectual property includes RTL, reference drivers, tools and libraries enabling our customers to build on top of our work to create new and innovative products.
As a graduate engineer you will start immediately on real project tasks with the help and mentorship of expert engineers. Through teamwork, training, and dedication to personal development, we ensure that every graduate engineer learns about different aspects and becomes an expert in the field.
You will work in a multi-site, multi-cultural environment and will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and with many teams across the company.
- You will help to write specifications for the next generation of Arm’s IP products, analyzing trade-offs between different options via modelling in C++ or a hardware description language (HDL).
- You will develop IP in HDL, working with the rest of the design team to deliver a product with leading power efficiency and performance.
- You will verify IP to the highest quality standards using a wide range of methodologies – constrained random simulation using testbenches written in System Verilog using industry leading UVM methodology, running real applications on simulations, emulation or FPGA platforms, and using formal methods.
Are you a good fit for Arm?
In order to be considered, you will need at least a bachelor’s degree at 2.1 (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
Essential skills and experience
- An engineering mind-set with strong problem-solving skills
- A keen interest in processors and digital systems
- Understanding of computer architecture fundamentals
- Familiarity with basic digital design concepts
- Experience of at least one programming language
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
Desirable skills and experience
- Knowledge of one of the following: CPU, GPU, DPU, ISP, Machine Learning, or System architecture
- Familiarity with a hardware description language, such as VHDL or Verilog/System Verilog
- Exposure to verification techniques and testbenches (e.g. UVM and Formal)
- Programming languages such as: assembly language (ideally Arm assembler), higher-level(e.g. C), object-oriented (e.g. C++)
- Use of a UNIX environment and shell programming/scripting in e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc.
- Exposure to low-level programming or driver development
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps