We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the team
You will join a small, dynamic and dedicated formal verification team, working with the design and verification teams to deliver blocks for our next generation GPUs.
Our team collaborates closely with our designers across several design centres who are working on the development of new GPU designs.
The team also collaborates with other formal engineers across Arm to develop methodologies and share technical knowledge. We also work closely with our industry partners in EDA
About the role
We are considering varying levels of experience as a formal verification engineer to join a fast-growing team. You will be key to shaping and developing how formal verification is deployed across projects and teams, working with colleagues in our offices across Europe, and the wider formal verification community across Arm.
Joining a verification group aiming at promoting, developing and supporting advanced formal verification techniques, your role day-to-day will include:
- Build formal verification environments for critical areas of the GPU design.
- Support usage of formal tools with design and verification teams.
- Mentor design and verification engineers in formal verification, developing their talents and understanding of formal techniques and application of formal methodologies.
- Develop new formal methodologies to be rolled out to the wider design and verification teams and investigate new capabilities based on formal.
- Interact and co-operate with EDA vendors, to develop new features, improve performance and make sure their tools meet the needs of the Media team.
- Opportunities to present new techniques and applications to the Media team, wider Arm community and at industry conferences.
- Experience of architecting and implementing formal verification environments for complex IP/module level designs.
- Experience of property-based model-checking, practical experience of SystemVerilog Assertions (SVA) or Property Specification Language (PSL), with an industry leading formal tool (e.g. Cadence JasperGold, Mentor QuestaFormal, Synopsys VC Formal or OneSpin 360 DV-Verify).
- Ability to quickly understand and apply complex specification details.
- Willingness to take on varied and complex technical challenges.
- In-depth knowledge and enthusiasm with skills to drive adoption of new techniques and methodologies with a focus on quality and efficiency.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Proven track record of technically owning, executing and driving the verification process from test plan creation to verification sign-off through individual contribution and delivery through others.
- Knowledge in Python, Perl or TCL scripting languages.
- CPU or GPU verification experience.
- Experience working and communicating with remote design centres.
- Experience of formal sequential equivalence checking with a leading industry tool (eg. Synopsys Hector or Mentor Calypto SLEC) or theorem-proving techniques.
About GPU Engineering
GPU Engineering produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile, embedded and automotive industries. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
In GPU Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it’s like to work with us: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps