We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Arm is looking for a skilled and motivated engineer to join the team that is modelling Arm’s next generation architectures and devices. You will join an experienced multinational development team located in Cambridge, UK. You will create C++ software models of leading-edge Arm technologies that will power future systems in markets such as data centres, mobile communications and the Internet of Things (IoT). Our products are key to the hardware design and software development work of many teams within and outside Arm. Your work will help to influence decisions during the design and development of Arm's emerging technologies.
In this role you will work on real projects from day one, with help and mentorship from experienced engineers. Through collaboration, training, and dedication to personal development, we ensure that every graduate engineer learns about different aspects of our work and becomes an authority in the field.
You will collaborate in a multi-site, multi-cultural environment and will have the opportunity to work on different projects and with diverse groups through the graduate programme. There is an opportunity to rotate to other areas of the business, to allow you to gain a better understanding of Arm’s diverse business model. We do not limit you as to where you can explore, but it is based on business needs.
What will I be accountable for?
You will work within a team developing and debugging high performance models of Arm’s leading edge IP and systems.
Key objectives of this role include:
- To develop, maintain and develop high speed software models for Arm’s advanced CPU and system level IP.
- To create Virtual Platforms that can be used for early software development.
- To support internal and external users of Arm models.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of Arm modelling methodologies.
- Co-operation with Arm architects and engineering teams working on advanced architectures, hardware design, software design, and validation.
All Arm developers are also expected to promote and demonstrate the Arm core beliefs and behaviours.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on experience in C++ or any other object-oriented programming language with the ability to learn C++ quickly.
- Basics of computer architecture.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps