We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for enthusiastic engineers to join Arm, and help craft the future of technology and collaborating in the development of next-generation media accelerators that fuel billions of devices world-wide.
As a Software Engineer - System Modelling, your main role will consist in proposing and modeling different approaches and technologies for future media accelerators (e.g. GPU, video accelerator, image signal processor or display processor). The models are used to predict performance, bandwidth and power for upcoming products and are important for deciding on products to develop and providing marketing with material for customer discussions.
A key area of focus for the team is data compression, in particular of images, and a successful candidate will part of the team developing real-time memory compression technologies for use with media accelerators developed by Arm and partners.
Joining an experienced, multinational development team, you will work on leading edge technologies.
Your main responsibilities will be to propose, model and evaluate varied approaches and technologies with a focus on how different accelerators work with each other and with the host CPU. This is a role working early on in the product development flow, chipping in ideas and results before the products are fully defined.
- Excellent programming skills, like C, C++. Python, Java
- Knowledge of modelling frameworks like GEM5, System C
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of computer architecture
- A working knowledge of statistics/data science and data compression technologies
- Be able to work efficiently alone as well as in a team environment
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and diligence
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
- Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
- Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic.
- Seek and embrace differences.
- Encourage curiosity and challenge.
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Compulsory pension plan
- Insurance Package (travel, life, disability, health)
- Holiday, 6 weeks annual leave extending the normal five weeks given by Swedish Holiday Act
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, parental leave, contribution to physical training, team and seasonal social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Lund office is comprised of hardware and software developers working with future versions of the Arm Graphics Processing and Machine Learning technology. The office is located in the province of Skåne at the most southern tip of Sweden, just a stone's throw across the water from Copenhagen in Denmark via the Öresund Bridge which connects the two countries. The province is well known for its beautiful scenery, high quality of life as well as being home to Lund University and a range of tech companies.