We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm Northern Ireland are seeking a Support Software Engineer to work at our new offices in Belfast.
Are you a Support Software Engineer that is passionate about and dedicated to delivering high-quality support to customers? The Pelion team builds, maintains, and operates High Availability solutions based on the latest standards and technologies and aims at secure connectivity and device management of cellular IoT and consumer devices set to be deployed in trillions in the coming years.
Our technology is on the groundbreaking area of the enterprise and cellular grade Internet of Things, with comprehensive support of multiple access technologies, we’re on our way to connecting a trillion devices. Do you believe that in the future, all devices should be able to be connected, with no compromise on quality, security, or privacy? You have the opportunity to develop and support technology that changes the future of all IoT devices in the world and how they harmonize with the environment we live in.
In this position, you work within our operations teams working a Panama 24/7 365 shift schedule based at our Belfast Arm office.
- Collaborate with and work as in a team, with platforms, applications, and network engineers developing & supporting the infrastructure on a shift schedule (24/7)
- Investigate, Diagnosis & Resolve Incidents, analysis of monitoring, logs, and system behaviour to resolve Incidents as quickly as possible in accordance with customer contractual Service Levels. Attend Post Incident Reviews
- Monitor network status, performance and capacity and develop and implement improvements. You support the implementation of new connectivity during complex MNO and customer integrations
- Contribute to Problem Management and Continuous Service Improvement
- Coordinate and collaborate with customer contacts, 3rd Party vendors, and other Arm teams. Track and document all Incidents worked on in detail
- Learn from engineering teams to develop an understanding of Arm's connectivity and device management technology
- As a Support Engineer you possess good communication skills (verbal and written) combined with an analytical mind You love being part of a fast-paced High Availability environment and be adept at collaborating both within and outside the team. Show success in diagnosing and resolving Incidents using groundbreaking technology.
- Strong cross-platform networking skills because you support existing customers using Arm's service-based technologies
- Experience working with both service orientated architecture and microservice architectures
- Unix systems administration experience (Linux), knowledge of RADIUS, and associated AAA systems.
- Awareness of various VPN implementations including IPSec, OpenVPN, and L2TP
- Familiarity with working in a secure accredited environment. You have worked with Cisco firewalls, Load Balancers, and Traffic Management, as Database connectivity knowledge e.g. MongoDB
- Experience of supporting integration between various Private- and Public-Cloud platforms
- Support experience with Carriers and MVNOs a huge plus
- Experience in supporting connectivity or device management services
- Understanding of the challenges of networking with containerized solutions. Software-Defined Networking, Virtual Routing, and Switching frameworks and Evidence of working within a security framework such as ISO27001, SOC2, of GSMA SAS
- ITIL v4 Foundation desirable
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
- Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
- Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic.
- Seek and embrace differences.
- Encourage curiosity and challenge.
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The ARM Belfast office is comprised of software developers working in our Systems and Software group developing the provisioning and commissioning capability for our next generation embedded SIM technology. The ARM Belfast office is located in the heart of Belfast city centre a short walk from local shops and restaurants.
Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Suite 212, Arthur House
41 Arthur Street