We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you a motivated software engineer, looking to use your skills to make a real impact on devices used by countless people around the world? Are you driven by technology, with a desire to understand how it works?
We’re seeking engineers with excellent C (or C++) skills to contribute to the development of the Mali™ GPU software stack for Linux and Android. You will be part of an Agile team based in Cambridge (UK), working closely with multi-disciplined engineering teams across Arm’s worldwide engineering centers.
Contributing to different areas of the code base and participating in all phases of software development, this is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your knowledge and make use of a diverse set of skills.
Day to day activities include:
- Writing C (and some C++) code, for a large user-space library.
- Participating in the design, implementation, and testing of new features.
- Working closely with other software teams to interface driver components.
- Taking responsibility for the code you write and helping to maintain it: fixing bugs, reviewing changes, writing documentation, and helping others.
What you will be involved with:
You will focus on the Mali user-space graphics driver and related components to ensure they seamlessly inter-operate with the graphics stacks on Android and Linux. You will learn about software components including Wayland, Android’s SurfaceFlinger, the Khronos EGL and Vulkan APIs, and the Android and Linux graphics stacks. You will get a unique view into modern graphics rendering pipelines and influence the implementation for billions of devices.
Recent achievements of the team include:
- Vulkan extensions to enable direct-to-display rendering.
- EGL and Vulkan extensions to support virtual reality (VR), such as Google Daydream.
- Support for upcoming version of Android with the latest Linux kernels.
- Enabling support for Wide Color Gamut (WCG) and High Dynamic Range (HDR) content.
- Implementing code to work with the Wayland display server protocol.
About GPU Engineering
GPU Engineering produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile, embedded and automotive industries. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
In GPU Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it’s like to work with us: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience with C or C++ programming.
- Understanding of computer architecture or embedded systems.
- Experience with version control and scripting.
- Experience with Linux (or similar) OS.
- Proficiency in solution design, problem solving, and debugging skills.
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
- Any low-level development experience (bare-metal, kernel, drivers, etc.).
- Knowledge of 3D graphics or the graphics stack on any major operating system.
Arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps