We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is looking for an Application Engineer who is passionate about working directly with users of supercomputers (mainly) and servers from around the world!
This position is based in Warwick or Manchester, depending your availability. The job may require occasional travels to events and meet with our customers.
The Applications Engineer is part of a focused professional services team that has responsibility for supporting and enabling key “High Performance Computing” (HPC) customers and partners in their development of HPC software, using Arm SW tools across a wide range of Linux/UNIX HPC platforms (Arm and other architectures).
Within this role, you will obtain an excellent knowledge of Arm’s SW development tools, alongside a broad understanding on Arm architecture and Arm IP roadmap.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
In day-to-day work, the major responsibility includes triaging customer reported issues while using Arm user space SW and providing detailed responses to customer enquiries using case management systems and email (and occasionally via telephone or conference call). The incoming customer requests are commonly related to tools installation and configuration, application debug and troubleshooting, profiling and improving customer application performance. A strong customized approach is required, providing first line support on HPC development tools as per customer requirements. As AEs, we also articulate customer requirements to other business units within the organization.
You will also be responsible for the review of technical end-user documentation, and the generation of application notes, knowledge base entries, training material etc. In due course, you will also provide training to customers on the use of HPC tools. Some international travel may be required.
As a successful candidate, you will have a phenomenal opportunity to become an expert in ground-breaking technologies and development techniques used to resolve some of the most meaningful scientific problems of our time. You will be offered the opportunity to work in collaboration with some of the biggest supercomputing centers in the world, sharing your HPC expertise with researchers and scientist across the globe.
Education & Qualifications:
University degree in Computer Science, Maths or Computational Sciences.
- Provide high quality of technical support and consultation for Arm HPC/Linux Tools to HPC & Server partners and users
- Write high quality technical materials for both internal and external users
- Prepare and deliver world-class SW and architecture trainings at customers sites
- Bring positive influences and support to other teams such as Product Management, Marketing, Sales and R&D, providing useful information and recommendations based on your experience and customers’ feedback
Essential Skills & Experience:
- We seek enthusiasm and flexibility in putting customers first; you are hardworking with a real passion for enabling others to succeed
- Excellent inter-person and communication skills, including excellent written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of C/C++ or Fortran
- Excellent problem diagnosis and resolution skills
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Good understanding of at least one parallel programming paradigm (OpenMP, MPI, CUDA or OpenACC)
- Hands-on experience using HPC systems (batch schedulers, environment modules, etc.), HPC toolkits (libraries, compilers, profilers and debuggers), such as Arm Forge
- HPC application development and/or benchmarking
- Previous work experience of customer support and project management
- UNIX/Linux system administration
- Understanding of Arm architectures
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps