We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Architecture and Technology Group (ATG) at Arm is responsible for developing technologies and products for Arm’s future architecture roadmap. The Architecture Verification (AV) product team in ATG develops CPU Architecture Compliance Kits (ACK) that are delivered to multiple internal and external CPU design teams to prove that ARM architecture CPU implementations are compliant to the ARM architecture.
Role & Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of Dev-ops lead is to manage and work with the regression-cum-automation team to deliver high-quality product-release as per schedule. The role will have opportunity to lead several aspects of DevOps like Build, Test, Package, Release, Configure and Monitor. Detailed responsibilities of this role are
- Technically lead the regression and automation team and deliver product as per the aligned quality-criteria and timelines.
- Govern processes to assess the quality of the code-base periodically with appropriate quality & deviation-reports
- Establish expectations and acceptance tests for in-bound deliverables and manage challenges arising from the quality on the in-bound dependencies
- Manage stakeholder and strong and continuous communication on deliveries and risks and ensure that all engineering commitments are delivered successfully.
- Drive efficiency improvements through adoption of right development flows and methodologies.
- Passion for scripting, identifying automation possibilities in existing work and release-flows and use the engineering resources at hand to dispense the automation possibilities.
- Own and enable any-time-release (or continuous release) scheme by establishing continuous integration flows to integrate new features/code-base into the product framework
This role will also have an opportunity to interact with teams across all architecture validation products, develop solutions for future ARM architecture developments and influence the product offering. Suitable candidate is expected to be highly skilled engineers with an ability to drive forward innovation in technical areas.
Qualification & Experience
- Good University degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or Electronics Engineering. Other candidates will be considered if they have relevant experience.
- 6+ Years of engineering experience primarily focussing on Dev ops, release process, automation tools/flows management/development, design automation.
- Proven experience in handling and owning methodology, automation or build flow projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and willing to take up additional responsibilities to contribute to the team’s success.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience in developing regression management and build flows.
- Expertise in Unix/Linux working environment and shell scripting (bash/tcsh).
- Strong background in scripting and automation for software development or semiconductors. Expertise in at least one programming language (C or C++) and one scripting language (Perl or Python).
- Experience in managing version control system such as GIT and continuous integration (such as Jenkins or Bamboo)
- Exposure to Project Management practices and Project Life-cycle Management.
- Familiar with Quality assurance (QA) best practices such as Test Plan development, Testcase development, unit testing and measurable execution thereof
- Good understanding of different verification or software environments and toolchains (specifically GNU toolchains)
- Familiar with Quality assurance (QA) best practices such as Test Plan development, Testcase development, unit testing and measurable execution thereof.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.
See on Google maps