What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Good university degree (or equivalent), ideally in a numerate subject, although other graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
- Must have experience in building software solutions targeted for Telco and 5G wireless related use cases
- Experienced with Open Source Software project development and community interaction specifically targeted to Telco and 5G applications, e.g.:
- OpenAirInterface (OAI-RAN or OAI-CN
- Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP)
- Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV)
- Open Networking Foundation (ONF) projects
- Open vSwitch (OVS)
- Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK)
- Fast Data Project (FD.io)
- Must have experience in engaging with customers and partners in the 5G and Telco markets
- Experience writing technical blogs and giving conference presentations
- Must be comfortable dealing with uncertainty
- 5+ years software engineering experience is a must
- A natural problem solver who enjoys solving technical challenges
- Team player and the ability to work in a geographically diverse and dispersed global organization
- Comfortable with the requirement to travel, since at least 15-25% of this role may involve domestic and international travel
- 10 years of software engineering experience from previous roles
- Experience in engaging with customers and partners in the Cloud Computing & Hyperscale markets
- Have an established technical community presence with publicly available technical presentations and/or white papers/blog posts
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We, not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
•Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
•Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
•Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
•Care about the people around you.
Passion for progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
•Work with pace and judgement. Adapt to circumstances.
•Take risk in support of Arm's progress.
•Be accountable for the decisions you take. Learn from failure.
•Pursue innovation relentlessly.
Be your brilliant self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
•Seek and embrace differences.
•Encourage curiosity and challenge.
•Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm’s goals.