We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As Director of Engineering for Fast Models you play a leading role in Arm’s modelling strategy. Models are at the heart of design, implementation and verification for Arm IP and the systems that contain it. Models enable advanced IP selection, system design and software development in advance of the availability of real hardware. Used by internal teams and Arm’s partners, Fast Models are a truly critical part of the Arm ecosystem!
You will be responsible for leading the 50+ engineering team, working with Product Management, Project Management, as well as internal and external partners. You will have budgetary responsibilities, and report on governance metrics to the DSG management team. You will maintain an effective and efficient team, reinforcing and maintaining an inclusive and productive environment. You are a key member of the DSG Engineering Leadership Team and expected to contribute to engineering solutions in the wider engineering community.
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- Solid experience in software delivery within an Agile environment
- A hands-on approach to working with teams and individuals in a continuous improvement environment built on employee engagement
- Consistent track record to deliver high value for customers while maintaining a sustainable engineering pace and high employee engagement
- Lead Engineering Managers and Engineering Technical Leaders, developing our next generation engineering leadership.
- Maintain an inclusive, productive, engineering environment where we deliver products in a consistent and predictable fashion. Balancing multiple requirements, making appropriate resourcing decisions.
What kind of person are we looking for?
We're looking for someone who has a passion for continuously improving the effectiveness of engineering teams, you manage dynamic teams and can encourage engineers to do their best work.
We need someone who builds positive relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success. It is important that you know how to listen and build engagement with your team and work on a shared vision for success.
It will be useful to have some technical and market understanding of Virtual Prototyping or related areas such as CPU verification, embedded design or EDA tooling for digital design and verification.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps