We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are the CPU Technology team, part of Arm Central Technology Group. This diverse, engineering-centric group invents, defines and architects Technologies to be deployed in tomorrow's IP solutions from Arm. We pursue next-generation Arm CPUs, inventing new concepts that will fuel billions of devices worldwide.
Arm’s Sophia Antipolis design centre, located in one of the most beautiful parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this exceptional design centre has delivered leading products from Arm’s Cortex (TM) processor family.
Are you a forward-thinking, passionate, engineer motivated by the challenge of working on this ground-breaking technology? If so, we look forward to learning more about you.
What will I be accountable for?
As a CPU Technology Architect, you will be accountable for:
- Analysing CPU performance and understanding limitations we need to breakthrough
- Developing knowledge of the competitive landscape and understanding of key missing Technologies at Arm, applied to future solutions like Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Digital Photography...
- Kicking off and following the development of key technologies for our CPU to remain competitive on the performance front within all the best CPU experts within Arm
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
You bring a variety of skills, experience and qualifications:
- You graduated from a University or Engineering School, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronic / Electrical Engineering, or other related science
- You have a passion to innovate, think different, explore new avenues
- You are able to work efficiently alone as well as in a virtual team environment, this virtual team spanning across multiple groups and multiple continents.
What would give you an edge? Anything among:
- You have been working on advanced CPU technics, from branch prediction to prefetchers
- You have been defining Neural Networks and want to see how to have concrete use of these to increase the efficiency of modern CPUs
- You are used to work on immature technologies and follow up latest advanced in Science
- You demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and diligence
- You have good written and verbal communication skills
Why work for Arm France?
As well as a friendly and high performance working environment, Arm offers a competitive benefits package in France including: private medical insurance (employee and family), 25 days annual leave, 20-day sabbatical every four years, supplementary pension, meal vouchers and reduction in working hours (11 days).
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps