We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
You will join a best-in-class team responsible for defining and delivering future advanced technology! As a Test Engineer at Arm, you will electrically evaluate leading edge devices through collaborations with internal teams and technology partners to deliver a novel memory device. Your fundamental understanding of device physics and device testing, along with your inherently collaborative style, will make you successful on this team. This role will be based in Leuven Belgium as an Arm-assignee to Imec for a duration of 6 months starting in February 2020.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Integrate at Imec as an assignee as a member Memory Development Team. Complete necessary assignee training required by Imec to have access to the office area and testing facility.
- Understand Arm’s novel BEOL memory element device operation/performance.
- Perform hands-on manual probe and automated test measurement (AC and DC) of BEOL memory devices fabricated at Imec. Learn the testing protocol and challenges at Imec. Collaborate with Arm and Imec to define wafer testing protocols and plans, getting approval prior to execution. Analyze your measurements to improve performance and reliability of Imec-tested devices.
- Work collaboratively with Arm teams to test device performance as technology migrates from capacitors to single bits to memory arrays.
- Communicate device, array and product testing results.
- Participate in weekly and quarterly updates at our technology development partners in the US.
- Coordinate wafer shipments between USA and Belgium, relying on imec’s Program Manager and Administrative Assistant, and actively communicating to all parties.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
Excellent communication, people and electrical testing skills. Strong knowledge in most of the following areas of technology development:
- M.S. or Ph.D. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or other related science or technology area (i.e. Physics)
- Manual and automated device testing knowledge, with hands-on experience.
- Working knowledge of measurement, analysis and interpretation of electrical results to improve device performance.
- Experience analyzing device testing results and communicating them through meetings, presentations, and reports to management and customers
- Strong understanding of the physics, operation and electrical measurement of eNVM devices.
- Significant, hands-on experience with BEOL non-volatile memory devices,
- A desire to learn device performance optimization.
- Experience sharing knowledge with partners, across cultures, in different countries, and
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and communication skills.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress.
Be your forward-thinking self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.