We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
An internship with Arm gives you exposure to real work and insight into the Arm innovations that shape extraordinary. Students who thrive at Arm take their love of learning beyond their experience of formal education and develop new ideas. This is the energy that interests us.
Internships at Arm will give you the opportunity to put theory into practice through exciting, intellectually challenging, real-world projects that enrich your personal and technical development while enhancing your future career opportunities.
There are currently internship roles available within the two groups in Lund that are responsible for delivering Arm’s new hardware IP designs:
- The GPU Group develops HW which shapes the future of graphics technology for billions of devices worldwide.
- The Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Group which works on key technologies for the future of computing. Working on the cutting edge of Arm IP, this Group creates technology that powers the next generation of mobile apps, portable devices, home automation, smart cities, self-driving cars, and much more.
Internships at Arm will begin on the 8th of June and last for an approximate duration of 10 weeks. We will begin the interview process in early 2020 but look forward to receiving your application before then. When applying, please make sure to include your most up to date academic transcript.
For a sneak peek what it’s like to work in Arm Lund, please have a look at the following video: http://bit.ly/2kxWMXp
Hardware Engineering Internship
We are looking for enthusiastic interns interested in exploring the world of digital design and verification. At Arm you will collaborate and learn from worldwide experts and experience how the next-generation Media Processors, CPU and Systems IP that will fuel billions of devices world-wide are designed.
What will I be accountable for?
You will work alongside experienced engineers within one of the IP development teams in Arm and be given real project tasks and will be supported by experienced engineers. Examples of previous project tasks are:
- Developing and trialing new processes for use by the design/verification teams.
- Investigating alternative options for existing design or verification implementations.
- Help to develop a hardware platform that can guide out customers to the best solution.
- Implement complex logic using Verilog to bridge a gap in a system.
- Develop bare metal software to exercise design functionality.
- Verify a complex design, from unit to full SoC level.
- Help to take a platform to silicon.
As a Hardware Engineering intern, you will gain exposure to leading-edge Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools, various aspects of developing highly-complex design/methodologies, giving you the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities whilst contributing to current and future project developments in Arm.
Education & Qualifications
You will preferably be an undergraduate from a University or Engineering School, in electronic engineering or computer science. Other science graduates would be considered if you have relevant experience.
Enthusiasm for science and technology with especial reference to mobile computing, machine learning and innovative engineering. The systems we are developing are challenging in both the area of hardware design and software. You will find that you are expected to find solutions where such a challenge presents itself so this will test your ingenuity and your ability to work in an autonomous manner.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ongoing/Finalized Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Computer Science, Engineering Mathematics or similar technical field.
- Sound interest in graphics, video, signal processing or control system.
- Knowledge of microprocessor, ASIC systems
- English language skills.
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively
- Good inter-personal skills
- Use of UNIX and shell programming
- HDL (SystemVerilog/Verilog/VHDL) and Synthesis design knowledge
- Knowledge of programming in one of these languages: C, C++, Matlab, Python, Perl, GOlang, Ruby
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Compulsory pension plan
- Insurance Package (travel, life, disability, health)
- Holiday, 6 weeks annual leave extending the normal five weeks given by Swedish Holiday Act
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, parental leave, contribution to physical training, team and seasonal social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Lund office is comprised of hardware and software developers working with future versions of the Arm Graphics Processing and Machine Learning technology. The office is located in the province of Skåne at the most southern tip of Sweden, just a stone's throw across the water from Copenhagen in Denmark via the Öresund Bridge which connects the two countries. The province is well known for its beautiful scenery, high quality of life as well as being home to Lund University and a range of tech companies.