We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role:
Your team will be responsible for follow-the-sun global operations and management of the Tools and Operational aspects across all geo’s and Infrastructure domains.
Working closely with team leads, team managers, project managers, and engineering teams across Global Infrastructure & Platforms (GI&P) infrastructure domains, the Senior Tools Engineer will be a key contributor in providing reusable viable tools. You will work in close partnership with OEM Vendors and collaboratively across Infrastructure domains to evaluate, improve, and operate the teams Tools and Operation products, including OEM management toolsets, provisioning & configuration products, as well as alerting and monitoring solutions.
You build strong relationships across our internal and external teams that support our efforts to meet our performance targets. You live Arm’s Core Beliefs and help our partners to understand Arm’s culture and ways of working, so that together we can deliver the best possible service.
You’ll need to bring a positive team player, enthusiastic, self-starter and flexible attitude in applying different techniques to help drive successful outcomes. You are also expected to bring fresh thinking and ideas, inspired by other successful programs you have contributed to before. You should be an excellent communicator with the passion and resilience to get things done!
You thrive working across geographical and cultural boundaries and will travel as appropriate to other arm sites as/when needed; sometimes at short notice.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
You will collaborate with technical leaders and contributors as you provide contributions to common goals. You will focus on the thorough implementation, improvement, and lifecycles of tools provided by our suppliers and utilized within our team to ensure our SLAs are met and the team's over-all effort is consistent and efficient. You also will be responsible for Operations and Tools development as it applies to GI&P support services. Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinate & collaborate closely with the various Infrastructure domains team to ensure a value driven road-map and strategy are established
- Our services exceed their operational targets so that our Infrastructure & Platform tool needs are met and have clear ownership, roadmap, and operational coverage
- Effective collaboration across our internal and external teams so that issues or inefficiencies are prioritized and addressed.
- Infrastructure & Platform teams have confidence in the quality of our toolsets and are able to champion our offering through regular sharing of accurate and informative data and trend analysis, as well as improve Business As Usual (BAU) efficiently
- Provide expert setup, configuration, support, troubleshooting, usage guidance and continuous improvement of the service through collaboration, analysis, and adoption of various tools
- Create Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), provide clear and concise documentation, share and train team members across all functional Infrastructure domains
What skill, experience, and qualifications will you bring?
- Strong understanding and experience in monitoring and alerting tools like PRTG, Zenoss, Nagios and other Enterprise agent/snmp based incident management
- Hans-on experience with automation tools like Foreman, Puppet, Ansible
- Hands-on experience with one or more OEM operation tools like Dell OME, HP OneView and Fujitsu ISM
- Experience with Information Technology Service Management tools like ServiceNow
- Problem-solving and Analytic ability to identify tool requirements, research solutions, and drive selection adoption
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field or comparable work experience is required.
- Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment
- Good knowledge of vendor relationship management
- Managing large scale Enterprise &/or Global Data Center Operations
- Ability to drive product improvement through functional or technical review
- Forward thinking to see the long-term value of delivering operation efficiency
- Interpersonal skills and behaviors (Core Beliefs for Everyone)
- Expertise in one area and familiarity of all other Infrastructure domains
- Vulnerabilities and Risk management
- Collaboration & negotiation skills to coordinate and influence across Infrastructure domains.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the generation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies. Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip containing our intellectual property. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative and highly hardworking people. By enabling a dynamic, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other class.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps