We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Our team is responsible for developing and improving the software eco-system around Arm's next generation of applications processors. This often involves working with processors and other hardware not yet available to the general public. Work is carried out on a range of development platforms, software-models, FPGAs and early silicon, sometimes many months before the processors are used in real products.
You will join a team of motivated and professional Software Engineers who all share a passion for wanting to stamp their mark on the future of computing, wherever it may lead. You will help Arm maintain its leadership in the embedded market, as well as playing an essential role in the opensource community (Linux kernel, Android, ChromeOS, Just-In-Time compilers, Firmware, IoT, models…)
JOB PURPOSE & ACCOUNTABILITIES
In this key role you will be responsible for the development and improvement of an automated build and testing framework for our development team and you will ensure the quality of our development. This involves hands-on involvement in building, testing and benchmarking mobile embedded software, and also working alongside with the Android/Chromium/Windows teams on their development environment. You will also work closely with partners and OSS communities developing the same infrastructure and possibly participating in developer conferences and summits.
You will be flexible with a variety of software development skills and a commitment to extend the breadth and depth of their knowledge.
Are you passionate about making software that works better, runs faster and be simpler, using the latest and the greatest technologies and tools?
Essential Skills & Experience
- Good interpersonal skills, and desire to fix root issues
- Collaborative, team focus. Passion for and ability to work with software development teams releasing quality software
- Ability to self-manage, self-motivates, and seeks process improvement opportunities with minimal supervision
- Experience with a Linux development environment
- Excellent programming skills in Python, Bash or similar scripting languages
- Strong technical foundation in build, testing methodology and release environments
- Experience with continuous integration and automation tools (i.e. Jenkins, LAVA, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with version control systems, particularly distributed tools such as Git, and review tools (Gerrit,…)
- Knowledge of developer tools; compilers, test frameworks, benchmarking, dynamic and static code analysis
- Experience in dealing with big amount of data, finding bottlenecks and optimizations
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ARE ALSO:
- Passionate about Linux and Open Source project development cycles / contribution processes and interested in new tools and techniques
- Passionate programmer with understanding of embedded and mobile technologies
- knowledge of Java, C and/or C++, ASM, cross-compilation,
- Android build system, iOS, Windows
- Arm development boards
- Experience of software profiling, instrumentation and optimization
- Experienced with UI web framework and databases
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
WE NOT I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
PASSION FOR PROGRESS
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress.
BE YOUR BRILLIANT SELF
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps