We are looking for a software engineer with a strong analytical mindset to join the team and help ensure the best ML performance with most recent Arm ML software, systems and IP.
At Arm you will work with the world’s best companies as they build sector-leading products from our IP. You’ll share ideas with and learn new skills from the best engineers in the world. We work in small teams, so your contributions will make a difference.
The successful engineer will be highly flexible, quick to learn and be motivated by the opportunity to understand and improve the performance of future Machine Learning solutions using Arm technology.
About this role
As an ML performance analysis engineer you will explore, analyse and influence the direction of Machine Learning performance on the latest Arm-based devices and platforms.
You will collaborate closely with other specialists across Arm, including software and systems teams to understand, explore and challenge the limits of performance capabilities.
What technical skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Software development experience, in languages such as Python, C, C++ (essential).
- Passion for analysis and improvement (essential).
- Data analysis and visualisation, for example Jupyter Notebooks (desirable)
- University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or a related field.
What interpersonal skills do I need?
- Capable of working both in teams and independently.
- High degree of initiative and a confident problem solver.
- Fluent in English language, both written and spoken.
- Good communicator, personable and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level.
About the team
We are a focussed engineering team working to ensure that Arm delivers performant ML software and hardware solutions and enables our partners to build competitive products. Using detailed analysis and rigorous characterisation, we inform and influence Arm engineering, marketing, and external partners.
The team covers a wide range of software and hardware levels, application domains, workloads and types of analysis to get a full and accurate picture of ML performance capabilities, limitations and improvement opportunities.
At Arm you will enjoy working in a highly stimulating collaborative environment. Our team works closely with other software, hardware and system teams across the company.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will work in the Arm Machine Learning group to understand Machine Learning workloads, systems and performance expectations.
- You will create and run ML performance tests on recent mobile phones and development boards.
- You will produce technical summaries for a range of audiences, based on detailed analysis and interpretation of results.
- You will share knowledge and influence others, both within ML Group and wider across Arm.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.