We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Could you work as part of a global team of dedicated engineers supporting Arm users?
As a Deskside Engineer within Arm you will work within a team focusing on end user experience of IT across all of our functions, from engineers to marketing. You will have the responsibility of ensuring that all of our users have the best possible IT user experience regardless of the operating system they work on or their technical ability. Supporting Windows, Mac and Linux, as well as mobile devices, striving to continually excel in everything you deliver
The deskside engineering team is responsible for all support requests that cannot be fulfilled by our service desk or remote support teams, from new user device orientation to support of complex desktop issues the team will be the go to answer to ensure all of our users are productive in their day to day lives at Arm.
What will I be accountable for?
• Proactive and reactive support of our users across the key geographic locations
• You will represent the human face of technology to all office users in our key offices.
• Working as a team providing a global support function across all Arm offices and time zones.
• Supporting 7,000 users on Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems,
• Accountable for the support of technology however and wherever it is used by the people you support
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
• Experience of working in a geographically diverse organisation
• Proven track record in dedicated support of key decision makers
• Track record of thinking on your feet and dedication to ensure success
• A passion to personalise and own the outcomes and your own success
• Experience of consistent and concise communication across all levels of business and technology.
• Ability to support all forms of technology from laptops to audio video and everything in between.
• Hands on technical experience of either Windows, Mac or Linux operating systems in an enterprise environment.
• Basic hardware fault diagnosis, resolution and setup beneficial
• Experience of supporting Office 365 across various operating systems
• Ability to work to tight SLA's and KPI's while still ensuring you focus on delighting your customers.
• At least 4 years experience of front line hands online support in a technology organisation or similar enterprise.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products.
Our technology enables the generation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip containing our intellectual property. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies. With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative and highly hardworking people.
By enabling a dynamic, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other class.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps