We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Help develop Arm HPC software tools to support the needs of the scientists and engineers working with supercomputers. We are looking for an undergraduate, who is passionate about producing quality software, to join our engineering team at Warwick for the Summer.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to learn about and use the world-leading supercomputers that we support and work with our community to drive visible improvements into our products. Our HPC tools are used by industry, government and academia to perform cutting-edge scientific research and simulations, such as weather forecasting, modelling the big bang and simulating the human brain.
Our group are responsible for developing Arm Forge HPC Tools (DDT, MAP and Performance Reports).
To learn more about our group and the products please check https://developer.arm.com/hpc.
You will be working as part of our engineering scrum team. Your role as an undergraduate intern is to be passionate about producing quality valuable software and to contribute to our elite team.
This position is for our office in Warwick, a medieval town famous for its castle and with good transport links. Our office is also a short distance from Leamington Spa, a town popular among students for its shops, restaurants and night life. You will be expected to occasionally travel to events on other Arm sites during your internship.
You will be studying towards a degree in computer science, maths, physics, engineering or similar.
Key Skills & Experience
The following is a list of skills that will be required for this role.
In priority order, experience with:
- Excellent programming skills: within the team the main languages used are C, C++.
- Strong abstract reasoning skills with an ability to focus on key concepts at all levels of detail.
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work alone as well as in a team.
- Self-driven, independent problem solver, technically versatile, willing to be flexible and accept new challenges.
Desirable Skills & Experience
The following is a selection of skills that shall likely be developed during this role. You do not need any of these to apply or succeed in your application.
In priority order, experience with:
- Understanding of the purpose of compilers, assemblers and linkers.
- Working knowledge of version control using tools such as Mercurial, Git or SVN.
- Proficiency in Python, Bash or other scripting languages.
- Familiarity with gdb, lldb or other debuggers.
- Basic knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- Knowledge of operating system, compiler and debugger internals
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Warwick is one of Arm's newest offices, coming from the acquisition of Allinea in December 2016. Located in the heart of England, Warwick is famous for its magnificent castle and historic charm, with a calendar of diverse and exciting events throughout the year. The city lies in Warwickshire county, which was named one of the best places to visit in Europe, according to the Lonely Planet guide.
The Innovation Centre
Warwick Technology Park
Warwick CV34 6UW See on Google maps