We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We're looking for an experienced and hardworking Senior People Specialist to join our People Services team which supports the UK and Ireland. This post will be based in our Cambridge office.
People Services is the local face of the People team at Arm and in this role, you will provide a multi-site, professional HR service to support the business in achieving its operational and long-term objectives as well as our employees throughout their lifecycle at Arm.
What will you be accountable for?
- Delivering a proactive and flexible HR service.
- Mentoring, guiding and advising managers and People Advisors on a wide range of people management topics and Employee Relations queries ensuring a fair, consistent and legally compliant approach is taken.
- Handling complex cases which typically include; performance, well-being, whistleblowing and investigations.
- Mentoring People Advisors in management of cases
- Supporting the design and implementation of organisational change projects including reorganisations and merger and acquisition activities.
- Be an advocate of the local Diversity and Inclusion programme and embed the Arm culture locally.
- Collaborating with People Business Partners and local leaders to identify priorities to support the People agenda.
- Supporting the delivery of local People Plans to enable the regional strategic priorities. This includes, using data and insights to drive the local people agenda, implementing initiatives in support of employee engagement, planning and delivery of development activities in partnership with Talent Development
- Delivering outstanding services to our customers by collaborating with colleagues across the team including Mergers & Acquisitions, Global Mobility, Internal Communications, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition and Reward.
Our people are a key enabler of our business strategy, we want to attract and retain highly talented people to make sure that we remain at the leading edge of the technology industry. We seek to be the best company to work for in our sector with balanced high engagement and excellent results. We are passionate about conserving the best aspects of our creative and open culture and perpetuating what attracts people to join and remain at Arm, making life at Arm a truly engaging and rewarding experience.
What experience, skills and knowledge will you need?
- Extensive HR experience and a detailed knowledge of employment law
- Experienced in performance management, change management and engagement.
- Ability to advise in a skilful, authentic way and have excellent influencing skills.
- A flexible and pragmatic in your approach and enjoy working with ambiguity
- Strong communication, mentoring and social skills.
- Good judgement and analytical skills to assess options and craft solutions, whilst identifying and evaluating risks.
- Confident with using and interpreting data for reporting purposes and to identify trends to inform our priorities.
- You will be passionate about continuous improvement and employee engagement helping us maintain Arm's culture
- To identify, understand and address local needs, you will need to be curious, a superb communicator and have the desire to build positive relationships
- You will have experience of working in a multi-site environment and the ability to progress and prioritise a busy workload
- We strive to build a collaborative, results driven approach and having a customer-centric approach will be required
Travel to various Arm locations, occasionally internationally, may be required.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our outstanding culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape outstanding:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we inspire our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps