We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm® is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. The mission of the IoT services group (ISG) within Arm® is to securely connect & manage the world of IoT devices and data. We are delivering on that mission through our Mbed platform - which harnesses the power of IoT data and enables insights to unlock new possibilities.
Do you have a passion building highly performant, flexible and reusable web applications/components? Can you make valuable contributions through simplification and automation? Do you think about the users and consumers, over the technology and features?
We are hiring talented and creative full-stack web technologist to build and support our new customer focused applications and web components platform.
We are seeking talented engineers with:
- An ability to develop both the front end and back end services, with an emphasis on front-end
- Solid experience of API development, integration, cloud (preferably Azure) and server-side technologies
- Emphasis on automation, automation, automation!
- Experienced working in small high-performing, self-starting team aligned to non-technical product owners
About the role
You will be designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable front-end applications and backend systems/web services. This role has special emphasis on developing a scalable front-end architecture using React or similar frameworks. You will assemble, distil and translate visual designs and business needs into clean, usable and understandable solutionsYou will contribute to defining and setting optimal standards and patternsYou will craft solutions with influencing performance of microservices
The role will be based in San Jose with minimal travel to other Arm sites, customers and partners.
- You’re an engineer who instinctively designs solutions which are as simple as possible, but no simpler. You like complexity but hate complicated. For you, Quality is not an after-thought.
- You often muse about what Internet of Things could lead to.
- You truly believe that collaboration helps us all move forward faster, and are passionate about open-source software.
- For you, Integrity, Passion and Teamwork are not just words to be spoken to get a job, but values to embody to do the job.
- You’re able to collaborate with engineers across multiple international sites.
What will I be accountable for?
This is a unique opportunity to become the founding member of a new team where you will help lay the cultural and technical foundation for the team. Working with senior leaders, together we will shape an environment where talent and excellence are recognized, appreciated and rewarded. Using your instincts and experiences, you will:
- Embody technical excellence,
- Deliver high-quality software
- Create environment of shared success by mentoring others, and
- Help grow the team by bringing onboard people who are better and smarter than us.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with partners and customers to deliver functionality with cutting-edge technologies. As we understand customer use cases and as the technology landscape evolves, you should have the creative mindset to adapt and thrive with change and deliver solutions for customers.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- You have advanced knowledge of HTML5, CSS, ECMA 6 or Typescript and principles of responsive design
- Strong Front-End Framework Architecture and how to use and optimize them. Good understanding of React framework.
- Backend application and API development experience in Node.js, Python, Java or Scala.
- You build tested code, which operates within our CI / CD pipeline (Git, Jenkins, Selenium, JMeter / Blaze Meter)
- Experience with cache (Memcached, Redis) and databases (MySQL, Postgres, NoSQL)
- Solid grasp of coding standards and guidelines for various languages and a desire to craft beautiful code.
- You have deep understanding of REST, how to effective build and run APIs.
- You are able to independently translate designs (e.g. wireframes, mockups, and requirements documents) to engineering tasks.
- You understand key principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important, and how technology can be used in the process to explore all possibilities regardless of their source.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as Arm’s North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of Arm. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US’s fastest growing cities.
San Jose, California USA
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358
See on Google maps