We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you want to help Arm and its partners build outstanding products using groundbreaking techniques? The engineering platform is key to Arm’s business, the infrastructure has a profound impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of the development teams.
As a senior infrastructure architect within Technology Operations Services Group (TOSG), you will deliver state-of-the-art services, infrastructure, and high-performance compute to the engineering community within Arm.
What will I be accountable for?
In this role you will be instrumental in setting the future direction of Arm’s Global Infrastructure & Platforms with a key focus on creating a hybrid cloud. This will be achieved through researching emerging technologies, build, design, integrate, and testing the on-premise and cloud integrated platform, including but not limited to:
- Hybrid infrastructure supporting design automation both on premise and cloud hyperscalers.
- Integrate and show case Arm technology and related open source contributions.
- Automate infrastructure deployment.
TOSG provides the high-performance compute environment that fuels product and solution development for Arm's engineering community. Whether its high-performance compute on our infrastructure or in the cloud, through Electronic Design Automation (EDA), or bespoke software tools and workflows, the services and products we deliver are used by every engineer in Arm.
TOSG are key contributors to our engineering transformation program — a multiyear, global initiative to change the way we serve our customers: the hardware and software engineers at Arm. The incorporation of a mature and quality hybrid cloud infrastructure is critical to the success of this transformation, and you will drive and deliver our change. To achieve this, you will build and balance effective relationships with key partners from across the business.
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as hybrid cloud architect or cloud architect. AWS mandatory, plus others preferred.
- Minimum 5 years architecting virtualized solutions, VMware mandatory.
- Minimum 10 years of hands on Technical Architecture. Linux experience mandatory.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Highly proficient interpersonal skills to concisely convey technical topics to technical and non-technical people.
- Meaningful experience in a global team.
- Working in a complex, multi-geography, engineering services environment.
- Providing technical leadership and mentoring to others.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps