We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm designs the technology that is at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. Arm improves people’s lives by enabling the intelligence in affordable, easy-to-use electronic products that transform the way we live and work. We work in partnership with a global network of leading technology companies which are using our smart low-power technology. Together we are crafting the future of a better world.
Today, We are well recognized as the market leader in the CPU and System IP industry to name a few and this has been achieved by consistently delivering reliable and high-quality IP products. The cost of design and manufacturing and that warrants “right first time” approach for all IP and System products by our partners. Time-to-market is critical for our partners to deal with fierce competition in the marketplace, being first would enable them to get premium value from the end products.
As Principal Design Engineer, you will be part of a small and talented RTL design team. You will contribute to the microarchitecture and RTL design for trace block of high performance, energy efficient microprocessors.
- Micro-architecture specification development and design
- Verilog and SystemVerilog RTL development and debug
- Working closely with validation, and implementation teams to meet all functional requirements, performance, power and area goals
- Planning and tracking tasks to meet the targets at the planned time
- Coaching, mentoring and managing junior engineers
- Exposure to Formal techniques will be a big plus
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need ?
- 12 - 16 years of work experience in RTL designs/uarch for functional blocks microarchitecture and RTL design
- Hands on experience using Verilog or VHDL HDL for design
- Exposure to MMU/TLB and cache will be a big plus
- Interaction with validation team to contribute to validation strategy and help debug fails
- Experience designing for synthesis targeted to achieve specified power, frequency, and area targets
- Good understanding of functionality, performance & physical implementation tradeoffs
- Ability to generate consistent, complete, and concise specifications
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, presentations) skills
- Co-operate and communicate well with other members of Arm both locally and across sites
- Show initiative in identifying solutions to problems of interest to Arm
- Be motivated to continuously develop skills and accept a variety of responsibilities as part of contributing to Arm’s success
- Some travel outside India to Arm may be required
- Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering strongly preferred.
- A bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering or other relevant discipline along with proven related experience may be substituted
Arm core beliefs
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.
See on Google maps