We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Application Engineer to build an internal verification support team for a centralized verification framework. This role has several aspects. It consists in helping verification engineers to port their TBs to a centralized verification framework, deliver training to promote good practices, fixing bugs in the framework or developing custom features for dedicated customers.
This position requires strong communication as well as technical skills to become the interface between Engineering community and the team in charge of developing the framework. You will work both with internal project teams and also external EDA vendors to ensure the best technology is available for Arm. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your verification experience and skill set to not only understand but also anticipate Arm verification challenges such that the verification framework delivers effective and efficient verification.
About the team
This is a fascinated opportunity to be part of a cross site team that will support and promote Arm centralized verification framework. You will be central to deliver emerging verification technologies to address a broad scope of challenges (immediate needs Cloud, ML). You will have lot of interactions with diverse set of verification community including CPU, GPU, System, ML or even IoT from Unit to Top level with all their different set of challenges. It will require lot of coordination and collaboration with local and remote teams including travel to other Arm offices. All the information must be tracked effectively to guarantee the global effort is structured for success.
What will I be accountable for?
The role covers several aspects as mention:
- As primary contact to our internal partners, you will become the showcase, so you promote the framework across divisions.
- Build and maintain Documentation, User Guide and Training Material
- Deliver Training to Arm project team to minimise the subsequent support to provide.
- Support Arm project team with the migration of their Testbenches to the framework and assist them in developing some custom code for their needs.
- Support Arm projects as well in transitioning cross simulators, simulator version or framework versions
- Ensure efficiency and reliability of EDA tools thanks to privileged accesses to their FAEs
- Ensure syncups with developers to make sure Bugs are well fixed and improvements are well planned, but you can even fix quick bugs yourself
- Ability to be client-facing and get along with partners in order to explain technical aspects
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- 3 big set of attributes which are equally meaningful:
- A deep understanding of verification methodologies and flows for functional verification of complex IP
- Strong scripting skills (Python mainly, UNIX shell scripting) – being able to develop scripting to support new flows.
- Good experience working in interrupt mode with strong social skills
- Experience of “scaled-out” deployment of technology across a global organisation
- Experience of supporting workflow users
- Experience of collaborating with EDA vendors FAEs
- Good knowledge of the main simulators on the market
- At least good exposure to one of those but knows the difference of the different simulators
- Experience in working with a Bug Tracking system
- Exposure to the complete software development life-cycle including the use of configuration management
- A good understanding of databases (MySQL, NoSQL, ElasticSearch)
- Proficient with CI tool such as Jenkins
- Used to work under Git/Gerrit
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps