Do you have unique expertise in Machine Learning frameworks, including TensorFlow, MXNet, and PyTorch. Are you excited about the development of high-performing implementations for on-server CPU training and inference? Are you looking to develop your own career by leading an engineering team tasked with developing the key numerical components to deliver this performance?
If so, Arm would love to have you on our growing team in Manchester, UK!
At Arm, we are extending our offerings, such as the Arm Performance Libraries and the Arm Compute Library, to enable the delivery of high-quality, on-CPU ML algorithms on current and future server-class implementations of Arm’s architecture; the most widely used architecture in the world.
In this role, you will be responsible for the engineering team’s strategy and delivery and providing key improvements to our customers. Our team will collaborate with others in Arm delivering both optimized numerics for ML applied to both inference and training.
- Product owner for Arm’s machine learning on-server CPU offerings, helping define the long-term strategy and short-term engineering tasks
- Leading the team delivering this strategy on a day-to-day basis
- Producing and delivering high-quality, reliable libraries to Arm’s customers, partners and the community
- Working with other divisions in Arm to expand support of the Arm architecture
Key Skills & Experience
- Understanding key ML frameworks and workloads
- Experience of using or developing using ML frameworks
- Understanding of the software stacks, dependencies, and role of numerical libraries in the context of common ML frameworks.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The following is a selection of skills used across our projects. You do not need any of these to apply or succeed in your application
- Technical team leadership
- Great interpersonal skills including a willingness to work with end-users
- Experience in the optimization of numerical software
- Exposure to large-scale software build, integration and test environments
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
You will need a good degree (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Computing, or an alternative with experience.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We Not I
Passion for Progress
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is critical, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly