We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Your new team
Within the GPU Modelling Team, we have an amazing opportunity for an experienced developer.
Our GPU models are state-of-the-art representations of our products; They are used by several teams within Arm and are delivered externally to some of our partners.
Your new role
Your role will primarily be to model the functional and performance aspects of our GPUs. You will be working with dedicated and hardworking people across the globe as part of our multi-site development projects. We develop in C++ in a UNIX environment and your work will have a large impact on the design and quality of the GPUs and ultimately on the success of Arm.
If you would like to shape the future of energy-efficient devices, this is the place to be!
What you’ll need to succeed
Whilst we know there is no such thing as a perfect candidate for this role we are looking for someone with excellent knowledge of C/C++ programming, a good understanding of computer architecture, some experience with UNIX, good problem solving and debugging skills as well as good English communication (both written and verbal).
A Bachelors, Masters or PhD (e.g. computer science, electrical engineering or a related field) with a good academic record is a must have.
In addition, it would be great if you also had knowledge of computer graphics and experience with modelling platforms (e.g. SystemC, gem5) - these requirements are not needed though.
What you need to do next
If this sounds like the kind of role that would make you excited to come into work every day click apply!
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual leads the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is critical, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or anyother federal, state or local protected class.
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps