You should have knowledge and skills in several of the following areas:
- Embedded firmware development.
- Operating system fundamentals and Linux kernel drivers.
- SoC and OS mechanisms for power-performance management.
- Strong programming experience in C and basic understanding of arm/x86 assembly.
- Good grounding in computer architecture.
- Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills at technical, and senior management levels.
- Be able to Navigate and make high-level design trade-offs and articulate the rationale for those choices.
- Have a can-do attitude, be flexible and ready to accept new challenges.
- Have a university degree (or equivalent), in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or a related discipline.
It would be useful if you have some familiarity with any of the below:
- OS thermal management mechanisms.
- Debuggers and other tools and techniques to analyse how the OS and applications utilize the underlying hardware.
- Standard firmware interfaces such as UEFI, ACPI or device tree.
- Git, Gerrit.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
WE NOT I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
PASSION FOR PROGRESS
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
BE YOUR BRILLIANT SELF
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
- Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.