We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you a dedicated, detail-orientated information developer/technical writer who wants to work on ground-breaking digital technology for the world’s leading semiconductor IP company? Does technology excite you, and can you apply your technical knowledge to writing state-of-the-art content as part of our content development team?
If yes, let’s discuss you joining our diverse Technical Communications team.
We are part of the Arm Partner Enablement Group and responsible for documenting the wide portfolio of Arm processors. This encompasses a broad spectrum of product areas from the smallest microcontrollers to high-performance computing cores.
- Your top priority in this role is collaborating with domain experts on crafting structured technical content. You will improve the comprehension and consistency of the documentation and eliminate ambiguity without the loss of precision.
- Working with our engineers to understand our new products and creating content that is easy to understand by the end users.
- Leading all content development activities for one or more products and acting as a coach to less experienced information developers.
- Keeping the documentation in sync with corporate writing standards and guidelines, as well as contributing to initiatives that aim to improve quality standards.
The skill we value is your ability to learn and grow within the job, plus your commitment to use this knowledge to help your colleagues. Your success in this position is almost guaranteed if you possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in
- You are an experienced information developer, taking ownership for delivering content without supervision and dedicated to a detail-orientated approach
- Building on your working knowledge of electronics; it is an advantage if your familiar with computer architecture, microprocessors, or a related technical field you are in a position to strengthen the team
- Your social skills make you a great teammate, and you enjoy communicating, collaborating, and interacting with engineers and other information developers
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions. Our core beliefs define how we work together to defy the ordinary and shape the extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Be prepared to make the best of it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be open and not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps