Essential Technical / Professional Skills
• Expertise in C or C++ programming.
• Good Knowledge of CPU, GPU architecture with an excellent understanding of the interaction between software and hardware.
• Experience of working in a multi-time zone and distributed team environment.
Desirable Skills & Experience
• Experience of embedded operating systems, device drivers, microprocessor and embedded system hardware architectures
• Experience developing software for Linux, Android, Tizen, QNX, or similar systems
• Experience in SoC bring-up debugging and triage
• Experience in Automotive industry is a plus
• Experience of customer and sales interaction is a plus – ideally in a Technical Support, Product Deployment or Technical Field Application role
• Strong customer focus.
• Be able to travel by demand, both to provide customer training and also for internal business reasons.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both colleagues and customers.
• Comfortable to work in high-pressure customer environments.
• Be proactive in obtaining engineering or management input, either Arm’s or the customer’s, in order to solve issues in a timely and accurate manner.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
Arm is proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our visionary culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinarily. These behaviors are assessed during the recruitment process:
We Not I
• Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
• No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
• Information is crucial, share it
• Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
• Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
• Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with itMake feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
• The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
• Be quirky not egocentric
• Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know"
• Make trust our default position
• Hold strong opinions lightly