We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Join the Development Solutions Group (DSG) in the Cambridge project management team as a Project Manager! You will manage software that helps our partners’ engineers build creative and energy efficient Arm powered products. You will be working with outstanding engineering teams in a dynamic environment, interacting with senior leaders and teams across the business.
Effective project management is central to successful delivery within DSG. The team of Project Managers has a wide range of backgrounds, and they play a leading role in our multi-disciplinary group, taking accountability for ensuring delivery of high-quality products from conception through to release. This is achieved by collaborating closely with Engineering and Product Management and by working with and supporting the other Project Managers in the team.
To be considered for this role, you will have a good understanding of agile processes, with experience in leading software projects using iterative / agile development methods. This could be in project management, but also as a scrum master, product owner, or release manager. Excellent interpersonal skills are a requirement, as is displaying confident leadership and a dedication to engage the team and drive your projects through to success. As a group, we’re focused on continuous improvement of process, ways of working and engineering efficiency, and we use metrics to drive improvement initiatives in those areas. You will be expected to be very pro-active in identifying and driving through changes and improvements across the organisation.
• Own planning, scheduling, tracking and monitoring, working closely with the engineering teams and product management.
• Motivate and drive teams to deliver against commitments and deadlines.
• Work with business functions such as Engineering, Marketing, Commercial, Legal and Operations.
• Work actively to help continually develop and improve our processes and practices.
• Have excellent organisational skills, a can-do attitude and be a collaborative member of the leadership team.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Leading software product development projects, preferably in an Agile or iterative environment.
• Influencing and motivating software engineering teams.
Desirable Skills & Experience
• General understanding of hardware / software design.
• Familiarity with project and development management tools e.g. Microsoft Project, Jira, Confluence.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
• Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
• No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
• Information is crucial, share it.
• Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
• Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with.
• Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
• Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
• The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
• Be quirky not egocentric.
• Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
• Make trust our default position.
• Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps