We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Arm Boston is looking for highly skilled and motivated engineers to join us, modeling Arm’s next generation architectures and devices. We build C++ software models of the leading-edge Arm technologies that will power future systems in markets such as machine learning, high performance computing, mobile and the Internet of Things (IoT). Our models are used for software development, validation, and early architecture development. As one of the first consumers of new architectures, you will influence the success of an industry and develop tools that are vital to many of Arm’s development flows and those of our customers.
Joining our team provides the opportunity to contribute and engage with engineers from different discipline and bring new products. You will work with your colleagues within Arm and external partners.
What will I be accountable for?
- Assessing software and system issues to find solutions as per requirements
- Analyzing new technologies, provide the best technical advice and direction to new solution approaches
- Analyzing requirements, breakdown tasks and communicate plans
- Implementing high performance C++ models of Arm devices to enable software development and IP validation
- Leaning about new, upcoming, Arm IP
- Ensuring code is tested to a high standard
- Actively participating in scrum ceremonies and contributing to the continuous improvement efforts of the team
What skills, and qualifications do you need?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with C++ development
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
We are interested in, but do not require, the following experience
- Experience with or knowledge of the ARM® architecture
- Knowledge of SoC hardware components and their software interfaces
- Experience with modeling technologies such as SystemC or gem5
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Boston office houses the cycle model team, multiple engineering groups along with sales and marketing personnel. Considered a cradle of the American Revolution, this historic seaport city is a city with a rabid sports scene, including the Boston Red Sox, winners of the 2013 World Series. It is also home to numerous prestigious institution of higher learning including Harvard and MIT.
Boston, MA USA
100 5th Avenue, Suite 5010
Waltham, MA 02451