We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Arm processors are the brains in billions of diverse electronic devices, and our Central Engineering CPU group defines, designs and validates all of Arm's processor IP. When you join the CPU Group as a Project Manager, you will be an integral member of the CPU Operations team in Austin which is responsible for planning, scheduling and tracking projects working with highly skilled and motivated development teams of about 150 engineers locally and 5 to 10 other design teams globally. You will work with a diversity of groups and leaders across Arm to delivery leading edge processor IP to the world’s leading technology companies.
This is an opportunity to embrace the daily challenges of managing projects delivering IP that is forming the basis for premier wireless, compute, enterprise, and automotive products of the future. The ideal candidate shall have experience managing a variety of projects, have a strong desire to meet commitments, and have a broad range of project management and people skills.
What will I be accountable for?
The Project Manager role at Arm is designed to manage high end Processor IP development projects within the Austin Design Center. Responsibilities include:
- Delivering leading edge, next generation CPU IP products working along side Engineering, Technical Leads, Program Managers and Product Managers
- Creating project plans and schedules, then managing and tracking the project to ensure it delivers products on-time, on-spec, and to the highest standards of quality
- Leading teams to identify project, technology and business risks associated with a project then managing these risks to minimize impact to the project
- Working with other Arm teams across the globe, planning and aligning dependencies that are critical to supporting Austin CPU projects
- Collaboratively communicating project status, risks and issues to Management and Partners with Product Manager and Technical Leads
- Contributing to improvements in project processes and tools to improve efficiencies and/or new capabilities for planning, tracking and managing projects.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Minimum 3 years in project management experience for IP development and/or silicon development
- A demonstrated understanding of various approaches to scheduling
- A base knowledge of risk management, budgetary control and resource allocation procedures
- Experienced in various project planning tools such as Jira and MS Project
- The ability to lead, track, monitor and motivate project engineer teams
- Good interpersonal skills to enable good working relationships within the development team and networking in a geographically disparate organization
- Innovative and pragmatic with regards to problem solving
- Professional attitude, with strong attention to detail, process oriented and organized
- Self-motivated, able to accept new challenges and motivate others
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Passion for Progress
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is important, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps